74ls1tr6
Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove,CA
(1151 posts)

11/10/2007 10:05AM

Main British Car:
74 TR6 / 71 MGB GT TR6/Ls1 71 MGB GT/Ls1

authors avatar
Have a liking to the MGB GT with V8 being a Triumph guy.
Posted by: 74ls1tr6
Date: January 14, 2008 06:23PM

I went down last Saturday to pick up Miata seats from Robert Milner. He had some seats that would work for me for now.

Well while I was there he showed me his 1967 MGB GT 292 V8. What an awsome clean well thought out looking car...totaly reminded me of the TR250 I restored...almost the same color. Long story short... he took me for a ride through some S turns....the way he went into the turn I thought we were going to slide a little...."No way" stuck like glue and smooth. I have a all new respect for MGB's now and of coarse first time being in one. Richard was kind enough to let me drive his baby. I didn't drive like he did because of not knowing his car at all + out of not being my car. Very smooth riding car.

I do owe Richard a ride and drive when my car is done being restored. British car people with their cars(AWSOME!).

Have a all new respect for the MGB.

I guess that's why there are so many of them in britishV8 .org :-) Just needed to voice this.

Calvin

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Have a liking to the MGB GT with V8 being a Triumph guy.
Posted by: rficalora
Date: January 14, 2008 11:03PM

Hi Calvin,

I have to 2nd that. Robert let me drive his car during the British V8 meet in Townsend (2006). It handles great & the quality of his work is supurb!

Rob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.