smallbutfast
Samy Cuzmar

(2 posts)

11/21/2010 04:44PM

Main British Car:

MGB fuel expansion tank
Posted by: smallbutfast
Date: November 21, 2010 05:28PM

I am building my MGB V8 (For some years now) and I installed a new MGB fuel tank from Moss. On the back part of this tank there is a port for a line that used to go to the fuel expansion tank and then to the engine. My donor car didn't come with an expansion tank or any of the lines for this. The engine is a Discover 2000 with carburators. Does anyone know if it would be alright to cap off this port? What else needs to be done in order not to have problems in the future? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in Charleston, SC if anyone else is local.
Thanks
Samy

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Re: MGB fuel expansion tank
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: November 21, 2010 06:43PM

Samy, you will need a vented gas cap if you close off that port. you don't say if you car going to be carbed or EFI. If you have a EFI and have a return system, you will be able to use that to return your fuel to tank. If you are carbed, just be sure to secure a Vented gas cap, since that cap was not designed to allow pressure to escape. It will allow air to enter if it is later model. My 78 B is sealed from the inside out, but will let air into it to keep the tank and pump from being in a vacuum due to the fuel being pulled by the pump. Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.