lpowelljr
Lionel Powell

(1 posts)

01/24/2010 01:57AM

Main British Car:

T5 Suggestions Needed
Posted by: lpowelljr
Date: February 22, 2010 01:47AM

Greetings all, I am in the very start of my project and was wondering the following:

I have a 61' Buick 215 V8 to put into my 75' MGB, I have a few questions on the outset of this project.

1. Which World Class Transmission should I be shopping for? GM, Ford ? years and/or makes and models of donor cars to keep my ear out for.

2. Which bellhousing will mate up with the engine I have and what ever T5 is recommended, will the standard Bellhousing that was originally on the engine be ok, is there a better option?

Thaning all in advance,

Lionel

slater
Kris Slater

(9 posts)

02/21/2009 11:10PM

Main British Car:

Re: T5 Suggestions Needed
Posted by: slater
Date: February 22, 2010 04:53PM

Welcome to the site!

If your bell housing is drilled for a 4 speed gearbox (or cross drilled for 3 and 4) then it should mate to a GM T5. While looking for a T5 I would look for one from a V8 model car. That will make the best combo with your stock rear end. If you end up needing a different bell housing, you can buy one from D&D for either Ford or GM T5.
[www.aluminumv8.com]

Here is a handy chart for identifying T5 transmissions. It will help you with what cars to look for.
[www.britishv8.org]

I am sure you are going to hear it a lot, but do a search on the top of this page and you'll come up with a ton of useful information. IMO, the best source of info is in the "how it was done" section so you can see the combos everyone else has used.
[www.britishv8.org]

Kris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.