(76 posts)

11/18/2009 11:40AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB 1962 Buick 215 cu. in.

authors avatar
62 delco remy suppliers?
Posted by: mindseye
Date: February 26, 2010 10:19PM

anybody know any good places to buy aftermarket parts for the original buick 215 delco remy's?

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: 62 delco remy suppliers?
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 26, 2010 11:54PM

Delco Remy made all sorts of parts. Are you looking for a distributor? A starter? A generator?

For small distributor parts, I don't have a problem with NAPA or Carquest. If you're looking for a whole new distributor, I'd recommend sending the whole thing to Jeff Schlemmer at Advanced Distributors - he advertises here on this page - have him rebuild and recurve your distributor. His craftsmanship is quite good and he's always fun to talk to. I've learned a lot from him. When he rebuilt my distributor, I had him install a Pertronix Ignitor... it's working fine. He'll send your old points and condenser back to you and you can keep them as spare parts, I suppose.

If you do talk to Jeff, please ask him to hurry up with that ignition coil article he promised to write for me!

I have a spare Buick starter, but if my main starter ever dies (unlikely) I'll use it as an excuse to swap to a gear reduction starter to reduce weight. I prefer small Nippondenso alternators.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.