Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

britcars
Phil Ossinger
New Brunswick, Canada
(346 posts)

02/02/2009 07:58PM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB Roadster, Rover 3.5 ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA!

authors avatar
MGB GT v8 Project
Posted by: britcars
Date: October 07, 2018 09:56PM

For those who might be interested..................the engine might be a Buick 300 according to the write-up.

[www.ebay.com]

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: MGB GT v8 Project
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: October 08, 2018 10:01AM

It does appear to be a 300. Has the correct bellhousing pattern.

Jim

RDMG
Dave R
Northern Virginia
(138 posts)

04/07/2016 08:29PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB 4.6L Rover V8

Re: MGB GT v8 Project
Posted by: RDMG
Date: October 21, 2018 10:00PM

That’s a nice pile of parts. Depending on what’s under the silver paint on that engine, and what’s under the paint on the rocker panels, it might be worth the asking price.

Looks like aluminum heads on the engine, not sure about the intake. Since the engine was painted and accessories bolted to it, it was probably given at least some level of refreshing.

Looks like ceramic coated headers, aluminum radiator, GM Camaro spec T5, aluminum hood (needing some TLC at the hinges). With all that stuff lined up, I wonder what rear axle parts might be part of the deal.

Given the semi-optional expense of ceramic coatings on the headers, and the swap to an aluminum hood for a marginal weight savings, I’m thinking this build was planned to be a high-end one. It’s a reasonable bet that there’s some decent rebuild work in that engine, and maybe some goodies in the piles that aren’t listed in the ad.

Not sure why literally everything on the car but the windows and lenses was painted white, but I’ve seen a lot weirder stuff done.

I’ve probably got at least $7,500 piled up in my garage already, and I don’t have an engine ready to drop in!

If the car is rust-free, I think this is a good find for anyone wanting a head start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2018 10:01PM by RDMG.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.