St. Louis, MO
(2 posts)

03/18/2010 01:12PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Olds 215

New here with a big request
Posted by: Stefanie
Date: March 18, 2010 02:14PM

Does ANYONE have a spare set (or a set that you're not planning to install within the next month) of RV8 headers?

I've tried TSI and D&D; neither has a set in stock. I don't want to go outside the US (import duties). Our supplier just found out he can't get us these headers and we're smack dab in the MIDDLE of our V8 conversion (1979MGB roadster) with a very tight deadline looming (Missouri Endurance Rally).

If you have a set you'd sell me, I'll either pay shipping or pick them up (provided you're within about 300 miles or so of St. Louis). Thanks!

castlesid
Kevin Jackson
Sidcup UK
(361 posts)

11/18/2007 10:38AM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB GT Rover V8 4.35L

Re: New here with a big request
Posted by: castlesid
Date: March 20, 2010 08:03AM

Stef,

As nobody close to home has offered you a set it may worth reconsidering sourcing in the UK especially with the current very favourable exchange rate.

MGB Hive do a very nice exhaust system with the RV8 headers all in stainless steel for approx £425.00/ $650.00 dont know how that compares with D&D, they do systems for both chrome or rubber bumper shells to take into account the diferent ride heights but if you have lowered a rubber bumper car you will need the chrome bumper system.

www.mgbhive.co.uk

Alternatively Clive Wheatley does a system but I think is more expensive.

Good luck,

Kevin.

Stefanie
Stefanie Barnes
St. Louis, MO
(2 posts)

03/18/2010 01:12PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Olds 215

Re: New here with a big request
Posted by: Stefanie
Date: March 25, 2010 08:03PM

Thanks, everyone. I did get a couple of PM's here with suggestions.

However, Mark at D&D has proven himself to be a true customer-service oriented businessman and has managed to secure a set for me that I should have next week.

Can't wait to get them and get the project FINISHED!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.