pmd
Pat Dolan

(1 posts)

12/26/2011 01:58PM

Main British Car:

215/B Questions
Posted by: pmd
Date: December 27, 2020 12:26PM

Have kept a 215 for decades, and maybe 15 years ago dragged a '76 B roadster home from TX. Trying to understand the critical points of putting them together.

Have a Buick 215 and a bare set of 300 heads. Only need something in the low 200HPs range, but want free revving engine. Originally planned on using 2 x VW CIS units but will probably to electronic both injection and ignition. Expect Megasquirt or Speeduino, but what have people been using on 215s? Would like to go with roller cam and rockers with the 300 heads...will make my own inlet manifolds but how much fuss to seal off the valley? Water flow same on 300 heads as 215 nail heads? Who does cam for the block and rockers (bushed, not needle brg) for the 300 heads? Bore/stroke almost same as 2.0 VW/912/914 Porsche, so I have pretty good idea of cam timing and lift I would like, but who makes a roller cam and who has roller rockers for 300 heads? Am I crazy to pursue the 215/300 or should I just find a Rover engine? Would dearly love a single plane crank, but suspect that would be outside of budget (TVR use one I think??). How does the stock 215 crank and rods do to what RPM? How about front cover/oiling/etc. Do I remember right that they can come from a 3.8? Has someone put together a reference text for this engine?

Jim Stabe
Jim Stabe
San Diego, Ca
(829 posts)

02/28/2009 10:01AM

Main British Car:
1966 MGB Roadster 350 LT1 Chevy

authors avatar
Re: 215/B Questions
Posted by: Jim Stabe
Date: December 27, 2020 12:50PM

Send a message to Jim Blackwood, BlownMGB-V8 on this forum and he can answer all of your questions and more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.