Lugoff, SC
(367 posts)

10/23/2007 09:43PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGBGT V6, 7004R, AC, matching trailer 3.1 liter

Re: MGB Roadmaster
Posted by: Citron
Date: July 24, 2008 05:58PM

I, too, will vote for Graham. I will need his shirt size to try to get him a BADASS SECRETARY shirt.

Steve

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: July 24, 2008 06:01PM

I think that "payment in kind" would be acceptable for a share, as long as the governing body (read officers) are in agreement with the individual transactions using an agreed formula for all such transactions.

I do believe that we need to find a means of creating a cushion for expenses (planned, unplanned, mandated, etc) to make this a viable project....which means the collection of cash.

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: July 24, 2008 11:15PM

Looks like the leading candidate for BADASS Secretary wins in a landslide, mostly attributed to his well run campaign platform of free beer at Hooters.
Unfortunately, once elected, campaign promises aren't worth squat but I will extend an appreciative thanks for the votes of confidence.
Also, the likelihood of wearing women's secretarial apparel has about as much chance of happening as a Bill Guzman V8 conversion.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4514 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: July 24, 2008 11:51PM

ex-tyke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Also, the likelihood of wearing women's
> secretarial apparel has about as much chance of
> happening as a Bill Guzman V8 conversion.

Hmmm, you might be wearing that red dress, yet. ;-)

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: July 25, 2008 03:03AM

MGBV8 Wrote:
> ex-tyke Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Also, the likelihood of wearing women's
> > secretarial apparel has about as much chance of
> > happening as a Bill Guzman V8 conversion.
>
> Hmmm, you might be wearing that red dress, yet.
> ;-)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: July 28, 2008 11:45AM

mowog1 Wrote:
> I think that "payment in kind" would be acceptable
> for a share, as long as the governing body (read
> officers) are in agreement with the individual
> transactions using an agreed formula for all such
> transactions.
>
> I do believe that we need to find a means of
> creating a cushion for expenses (planned,
> unplanned, mandated, etc) to make this a viable
> project....which means the collection of cash.

I agree Rick, so I can appoint you as Chairman of the newly formed "Ways and Means" committee. I'll also appoint Steve DeGroat, Bill Guzman and Bill Young as your committee members, feel free to pick whoever you think would be able to help you and we'll appoint them as well. You have full authority to investigate any and all ways and means of funding the project and the organization. I trust your judgment implicitly. There is one thing I'd like to mention which you'll have to investigate concerning this share idea, I don't think a non-profit can have private ownership because it's function is to benefit the public. I'm not sure how to reconcile that with your ideas but I'm sure you can find a solution. We've also discussed such methods as dues to raise funds, your committee members can fill you in on that discussion. Feel free to explore any and all options and we'll be expectantly awaiting your committee report when you are ready. Thanks, on behalf of BADASS, the MGB Roadmaster Project and all of our contributors, sponsors and members.

Jim

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Date: July 28, 2008 01:12PM

You're on a roll, Jim, The next positions up for grabs are the "Office without Portfolio" and the "Minister of Silly Walks"
Perhaps the focus should be on disposal of non essential car parts from project BADASS through Craigslist, ebay, V8 forum classifieds, etc.
BTW, funds sent to your attention on Saturday.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6470 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 28, 2008 01:46PM

Thank you Graham, could you pm me and let me know if that was via mail, etc? I'll watch for it.

You are quite right about disposal of non-essential assets. What do we name the committee? I could put you, Carl and Rob on it.

We also need an internet committee. I have the following email:

"Jim, thanks for the additional feedback -- much appreciated.

I have taken a look at the link you sent. I have built several sites with the requirements you guys need. I have actually built an entire mortgage companies intra-network. Basically, it handled all of their day to day tasks ranging from processing to loan officer lead/file management. I have also a lot of experience working on shopping cart style web sites.

At any rate, it looks like you need a small combination of those. Are you looking to combine all of that stuff as a backend link where your group of associates have access or it is all for the public (including the list of tasks and parts). It seems like you would need several pages... one for the donations and sales of t-shirts. One for the backend for your group to keep track of tasks and parts needed, along with scheduling working weekends. You can also put together an entire smaller site which has a shopping cart on the front end, and some management features on the backend. It could also incorporate a message board directly on your domain. Anyhow, that is something you can think about.

I can show you some examples of shopping cart sites I have built:

[www.thebestbabydolls.com] -- currently in progress

[www.antiquejewelryco.com] -- they are in the midst of launching

If you wanted something more simple than the full sites above, yet still effective for getting initially setup to sell shirts online and build some funds, at the same time manage some tasks etc... I would be willing to help get this off the ground for about $350. Down the road, you could always expand it into an entire site/community.

Let me know some of your thoughts!

Best Regards,
Steve Schwartz
Director / Developer
Innovative Solutions LLC
[www.think-is.com]"

This is to give an idea of what could be done in that area. Curtis obviously should be on this committee as well as Kurt if he wants to be, and Dan Masters would be a good choice I think.

Suggestions anyone?

Jim

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: July 28, 2008 02:20PM

Shopping cart front end? When Paypal is free and easy to set-up? Sounds like a waste of money to me, unless you're keen to create a full-time business. If t-shirts are that lucrative, I need to start selling them too!

If what "Roadmaster" really needs is a message board of its own, I could set that up for a lot less than $350.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: July 28, 2008 02:59PM

ex-tyke Wrote:
> You're on a roll, Jim, The next positions up for
> grabs are the "Office without Portfolio" and the
> "Minister of Silly Walks"
> Perhaps the focus should be on disposal of
> non essential car parts from project BADASS
> through Craigslist, ebay, V8 forum classifieds,
> etc.
> BTW, funds sent to your attention on Saturday.

At least I'm not required to wear a dress, Graham!

;)

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Date: July 28, 2008 03:05PM

Rick,
RE: >> At least I'm not required to wear a dress, Graham!
...watch it or I'll sick Madsen on you....

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6470 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 28, 2008 03:53PM

Moderator Wrote:
> Shopping cart front end? When Paypal is free and
> easy to set-up? Sounds like a waste of money to
> me, unless you're keen to create a full-time
> business. If t-shirts are that lucrative, I need
> to start selling them too!
>
> If what "Roadmaster" really needs is a message
> board of its own, I could set that up for a lot
> less than $350.

Curtis, this is exactly why I'd like you to chair the committee, and I'd like to have some web savvy members on board. You know the details of how this should be done and your committee should be able to take your directions and do it, each one contributing their own small part. Can I count on you to oversee this piece of the puzzle? And because it is to our benefit to do so, I'll authorize the committee to assist where it can in taking some of the workload off you in connection with the BritishV8 website. Towards this end, feel free to recruit anyone you like to join us.

Rick has accepted, pending spousal approval. (Man I hate it when that happens...but what 'ya gonna do?) so his committee is practically up and running. So far this is coming together pretty well as everyone is interested in helping.

One last thing I can think of is that we should have a search committee to find components we need for the car. I'd like Carl to chair that committee. This should be a somewhat large committee I think in order to spread out the workload of determining what we need and finding the best way to get it. So I'm going to appoint a pretty long list of members:
Pete Mantell
Dan Jones
Kelly Combes
Jim Stuart
Arthur Mitchell
Jack Morris
Brad Carson
Mike Domanowski
Dan Blackwood
That gives us 10 people and Carl, if you want someone else on there or if someone else wants to be on there just let me know and we'll add them.

Your BADASS President,
Jim

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6470 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 28, 2008 09:28PM

OK, I was wrong there is another committee that I need to form. The Detail Committee. I bet y'all can guess what that one is since one of the single biggest challenges facing us is to get people to come up and work on the project. I intend to name three people to that committee but I haven't settled on who they should be yet, it can wait for another day. But the purpose of the committee is clear, it is to organize work details for Roadmaster Weekends.

Now, some of y'all may be wondering why the sudden emphases on occifers and committees. The answer is very clear and very simple. As president of this organization I am responsible for what gets done as well as what doesn't. When that meant only waterblasting the shell of a car it was a fairly simple thing to manage and I didn't mind carrying the full weight of that responsibility. But the scope of my responsibilities have expanded over time and it should be clear to anyone, especially you, the members, that it is now more than any one man can be expected to handle by himself. We are now at the point where I have two and only two choices before me. My first option is to delegate some of the authority and responsibility to you the members, and this is what I am attempting to do. My only other option is one that I am trying as hard as I can to avoid and which I am not prepared to exercise at this time, and that is to resign. But it is very clear to me that if I am incapable or unable to exercise the first choice the time will soon come when the second option is forced upon me. So I am depending on all of you to help me avoid that second choice.

That is the reason for the sudden interest in committees. By serving on or chairing a committee you are doing what you agreed to in the summer meeting at Port Washington, that being to support the project. Everyone there acknowledged that I cannot do it alone, and everyone there was in agreement that the membership had to help. So if you would, please accept appointments to the committees and serve on them as if you have something to contribute, because you do. This is your organization. I serve at your discretion. And like you, I can exercise my right to serve well and faithfully, or to avoid involvement. I choose the former, because that is what real men of good conscience do. Now as a committee member you have the full authority of the organization, the duty to exercise that authority, and the responsibility to exercise it well. I hope I can count on all of you, my good friends to do just that.

Now I would like to take just a moment to touch on the plight of the BritishV8 Newsletter. We all know and appreciate the great work Curtis has done in bringing the newsletter into the modern age. We are astounded at what he has accomplished with the website. But Curtis has overextended himself. Those of us who paid attention know this, and we saw it coming, yet we stood by and let it happen because we didn't know what to do about it. Well Gentlemen, the time has come to take action, and we'd better be right about what we do, because the newsletter is in crisis and if we do not act decisively and correctly we will not have a newsletter, and we will not have a website. This is a great concern for BADASS, as this is our permanent home, and nobody wants to see us homeless. If this great website is to continue we must step up and take actions to save it.

I have recommended to Curtis that he consider the concept of delegating and see if that can be used as a vehicle to save the newsletter. I have recommended that our Internet committee be given the authority to assist in that effort. Now I am asking for all good men who have any skills that might be put to use in that endeavor to step forward and unite, that we may do what must be done. Contact me, contact Curtis, post on this thread, send an email or pm, but please, step forward. We all have a lot to lose if we let this slip away.

Jim

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: July 28, 2008 11:10PM

OK...I'm in as "Ways and Means".

Who has a copy of the NLC that they can share with me so I can look into the legalities of individual shares.

Steve, Bill, and Bill.....I'll be in touch.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6470 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 29, 2008 12:06PM

Thank you Rick, on behalf of the entire organization and myself. I will dig out our incorporation paperwork and any other documents we have, send you what I think applies and also send all the documents to Graham so that as Secretary he will be in possession of all of our documentation. It is as minimal as I could legally get by with, (I felt that would be the least limiting) and I don't believe we have any official bylaws because it wasn't a requirement of incorporation. All of the documentation should also be in this thread btw or on one or all three of the old forums,(links to those are on the first page but the Enthusiasts forum has moved it to the archives) with the exception of the actual incorporation form. I'll try to do that before Friday, as we go on vacation then for a week or so. I think what you'll find is that you have to look to relevant law regarding ownership of a non-profit.

Steve has the most current membership list, Graham you need to get a copy from him.

We should have an online depository for all official documents and records. I need volunteers for the internet committee and for the Detail committee. We should be thinking about a membership committee as well and that should pretty well finish it up.

Chairmen, I am counting on you to exercise your position. Remember to delegate tasks to your committeemen, and when you do, allow them to be responsible for that task. I will do whatever I can to help you when you need it, but I have my job to do as well, so as long as we all pull together on this we'll make the most progress. Thank you.

Jim

Citron
Stephen DeGroat
Lugoff, SC
(367 posts)

10/23/2007 09:43PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGBGT V6, 7004R, AC, matching trailer 3.1 liter

Posted by: Citron
Date: July 29, 2008 01:02PM

Graham,
I will get you what I have as a members list next week. Leaving for the beach tonight.

What is the status on getting the BGT from CA?

Steve

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: July 29, 2008 01:22PM

BlownMGB-V8 Wrote:
> Chairmen, I am counting on you to exercise your
> position.
> Jim

Hey...no one said ANYTHING about exercise!

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: July 29, 2008 07:05PM

I'm happy to help list stuff on ebay/craigslist. Will need the best pics we can get of the parts.

I could still use the patch panel from the right fender. Let me know what you guys think is fair for that.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6470 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 31, 2008 02:01PM

Well Rick, you might have to exercise your elbow a little....

I've just sent out an email to our occifers and committee chairmen, please let me know if anyone doesn't get it, all of our official documents are attached. I also made some suggestions on what I see as the most important initial issues for the committees where I thought that was a good idea.

I may be out of contact off and on for a few days, but please keep in mind that we have a Roadmaster Weekend coming up the 30, 31st of August (Friday is also available). Once our Detail committee has been formed though it will have the authority to schedule work days at the convenience of the membership.

Now about the car: Max Fulton noted that the pinion flange on the differential sat off center a little. I have jacked the car up and looked at it, and indeed it is 1/4" off center. Investigating further I discovered this to be a result of tolerance build up between the body, the crossmember, and the compliance of the bushings, about half of which we may be able to remove by careful assembly. However, we decided to replace the flange yoke with a (Dana 44 or Spicer) U-joint yoke and felt that the location and diameter of the driveshaft tube could be made to clear the handbrake bolt without too much trouble, since it will be a fixed location. Nothing else has been done with the car, as I have been trying to get caught up on my roadster. However, once I have the half-shafts shortened on my car I will finish up the IRS assemblies on both.

I have recognized that prepping the new GT body and sending it out while using the existing body for assembly of the headers is going to be a convenient way to proceed. That approach puts considerably less emphasis on getting the header materials. Plus we can work up the coolant system before the body goes out. However, we really do need a starter to make sure we have adequate clearance, and it can be an inoperative one or a loaner for test fitting. I found this post:

>I have a stock chevy mini starter on my BBB and it works perfectly.You need one for the 80s up with the 153 >tooth flexplate.

>I did check and found that the chevy mini's with the duel bolt pattern will bolt right on and work with no >problems.And yes even some of these come with a spacer to get the pinion in the poper location.These can >be found some times at a starter/alt. repair and sales outlet.

>The sarter i am using is oen that come off a GM 3 liter Hyster lift truck but is the same as you would find on a >88 305-350 with the 153 flywheel.

I hope one of you can come up with something we can test fit. It doesn't look like there's room enough for the stock starter. I understand one of these mini's sell for about $99 but haven't checked the auto parts places yet.

Jim

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: July 31, 2008 07:57PM

I received the mailing with attachements today....I've not yet opened the attachments.

Who has the BADASS logo as was on the t-shirts....can I get a copy for BADASS letterhead?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.