Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

09diane123
diane lunn
glasgow scotland
(19 posts)

11/23/2009 06:13PM

Main British Car:

mgb gt top half of rear wing can you buy this ?????
Posted by: 09diane123
Date: May 27, 2010 02:36PM

hi can anyone help im looking for a mgb gt rear wing top half rubber or chrome from beading to rear window to back light can this part be bought thanks in advance

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: mgb gt top half of rear wing can you buy this ?????
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 27, 2010 04:03PM

So, in other words, you want the top half of part number "GT25" as shown in this illustration?

http://www.bmh-ltd.com/drawings/p61GT.jpg

I'm thinking that the stamping you're asking about probably actually wraps around the lower side of the side window too.

Have you called British Motor Heritage and asked them what they'd charge for it? I found them to be really nice and helpful folks. They charge quite a lot for the whole assembly, but they might be able to sell you just the top part, maybe. My contact there is Chris Gardner - please tell him we sent you. Here's the contact info:

http://www.britishv8.org/Sponsors/BritishMotorHeritage.gif

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: mgb gt top half of rear wing can you buy this ?????
Posted by: rficalora
Date: May 27, 2010 08:27PM

if that doesn't work out, scan ebay and craigslist and contact any sellers that appear to be parting out a gt... ask if they are and if they want to make some extra $$ off a part they'd likely be 0sending to the crusher otherwise. I've bought panels like that - usually for little more than shipping cost and a fair amount for their time to cut the part off. just have them cut it with a few extra inches all atound so you don't come up short.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.