(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Another update
Posted by: rficalora
Date: June 18, 2010 10:54AM

I've been radio silent for a few weeks -- every spare moment spent on the car -- with no time taken for pics or posting updates. Have the wiring harness just about finished; will finish this weekend. Also found an air cleaner/filter combination that works with the air gap type intake with a good 3/8" hood clearance at the front. Still have to pull the intake & reinstall it to eliminate an oil leak at the back -- expect to do that this weekend as well.

Clutch is working & didn't have any leaks. Will need to shorten the master cylinder push rod a little; only have about 1/4" pedal travel before I feel the pressure - but works for now & didn't have any leaks on the brake line flares I made so that was good.

I have to make a quick bracket to hold my fan -- fan I got from Ted didn't fit -- fouled with the water pump pulley (Vintage Air front runner system) by about 1/4"!! Found another one that fits but mounting tabs are in different spots & I don't want to use the zip-tie type things that go through the core so will make some simple brackets to bridge from the mounting spots on the fan to the tabs already welded to my radiator.

Other than that, all that's left before it's drivable is to recover the seats (have the kits) & install them and get the glass back in. If I don't get to that this weekend, should be able to do those in the evenings this week (lucky break & no work travel planned this coming week).

That'll leave about 1 1/2 more weeks to finish stuff like getting the top back on, getting it aligned, & maybe even getting the A/C hoses made. So, if all goes well I'll still be coming to Indy with the car... but probably trailering it because I doubt I'll have more than 20 miles on it before then! If the car's not done I'm staying home to use the week to finish it but pressing as hard as I can to get it done. Just shoot me if that happens!

Capt'n Moorgone
Mike Moor
Angola,IN
(116 posts)

11/20/2008 07:05PM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB 300 Buick

authors avatar
Re: Another update
Posted by: Capt'n Moorgone
Date: June 18, 2010 12:53PM

Rob,Sounds great! You'll make it, I have faith. Trailors are only allowed for one year.Next year,it must be driven to the Meet! Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.