(698 posts)

07/20/2009 06:40PM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB-GT 1979 Ford 302

authors avatar
Padal Mod
Posted by: pspeaks
Date: December 21, 2010 08:21PM

First, let me say I know I’m no artist, but I guess I just proved that. I know a lot of you have modified (bent) your brake and clutch pedals to provide more room for the gas pedal, and my big feet are begging me to do it too. Does anyone have a good handle on the dimensions and the degree angle?
Pedal Mod.gif

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Re: Padal Mod
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: December 21, 2010 08:28PM

PEDAL MOD!
Well Paul, I am in process of adjusting my "Go" pedal now. I heated the brake and clutch pedals, moved them to the left slightly. The "Go" pedal is a slower go since I have to bend and re-install.. Up to 10 times now and still trying. once I get it close, I plan to graft a late model Nissa Sentra lower pedal onto the MGB upper shaft about 2-3" down from the pivot point. This is one time consuming project!

pspeaks
Paul Speaks
Dallas, Texas
(698 posts)

07/20/2009 06:40PM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB-GT 1979 Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Padal Mod
Posted by: pspeaks
Date: December 21, 2010 08:48PM

Thanks Kelly. When we were building buckets we ordered a lot of Speedways “problem solver” go pedal assemblies and after about ten miles of driving mine started binding up. I pulled out on our taxiway and nailed it and when I decided to let the tires stop churning the bucket decided it wasn’t done. I don’t care how quick you are, a 300+ horsepower, 1800 pound car can eat up some concrete before you can pull that pedal back up. I immediately went into a mod program and we ended up moding 22 of them. I think I'm going to fabricate the one for the GT from scratch and use a Lokar cable assembly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 08:49PM by pspeaks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.