(43 posts)

01/27/2008 08:14PM

Main British Car:
1965 Butler Racing AC Cobra replica 350 SBC

authors avatar
Sway bar front MGB & rear XKE sway bar combination
Posted by: accobraman50
Date: April 12, 2008 03:09AM

If anyone has this combination, what sway bar are you using and are you happy with the results?

I’m trying to do some calculations to try to get close to the optimum setup without taking a wild guess. Installed on my front suspension is a solid 1” diameter X 27" long X 48 spline sway bars and Aluminum arms 12.5" long measured from the center of the bar to the mounting hole where it connects to the lower wishbone/'A' arm. The components are from Stock Car Products. [www.stockcarproducts.com] Now I need to determine what diameter to have the bar ground down to if needed.

It would be most helpful if someone knows the proven answer.

Does any user have dimensions of the the standard MGB anti-sway bar? Center of bar to center of eye (swing radius not arm length). I can then calculate the % difference between stock MGB and what I'm using.

With these calculations I may be able to get close before road testing.

My car has s a Fast Cars front suspension.

I look forward to the posts.

Arthur

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 07:02PM by accobraman50.

steve64b
Steve Opitz

(4 posts)

05/12/2008 04:21PM

Main British Car:

Re: Sway bar front MGB & rear XKE sway bar combination
Posted by: steve64b
Date: May 12, 2008 04:45PM

Arthur,

Any answer you get will be very subjective, I don't imagine there are many people with a FastCars / Jag combo, although I bet there are a lot who would like to try!

My B has a FastCars front suspension with a 1" .095 wall sway bar, combined with a 1/2" solid bar from Fab Tech and for me I like the balance.

This link lists the relative stiffness on differing sway bar lengths with different arm lengths.

[www.1speedway.com]

The FastCars front end really changes the balance required. I've had B's with the standard front suspension and 7/8" solid bars that didn't seems to have the same roll resistance as the FastCars with a 1” X .095 bar. The Jag rear will add a completely new dimension to the deal.

Steve

accobraman50
Arthur Mitchell
Chicago
(43 posts)

01/27/2008 08:14PM

Main British Car:
1965 Butler Racing AC Cobra replica 350 SBC

authors avatar
Re: Sway bar front MGB & rear XKE sway bar combination
Posted by: accobraman50
Date: May 13, 2008 07:11PM

Steve, thanks for your post.

Do you know where I may find measurements for the MGB front sway bar? The measurements will help me calculate the base line of a standard bar against larger than stock bars and I can then compare that against what I'm planning on using.

Thanks,

Arthur

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.