(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: Roadmaster Events List
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: May 02, 2012 11:17AM

Brad, we will be discussing the movements of the Roadmaster at the meet in Palestine in May. We currently have the schedule comlete unti the end of the Power Tour, from there it's open until August. Sounds like a good plan for now to move it from Dallas to Denver and then head it back east in July if we can. It needs to go up to South Dakota for Terry Schulte to drive and show and there are others along they way that want to see it as well. Unless we can come up with an alternative it won't be until the fall that we might get it headed back west again to California for Bill Guzman and the rest out there. After I retire in August I'll have more time to help transfer the car across the midwest but as with any of us have to keep the expenses reasonable.

danmas
Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee
(578 posts)

10/28/2007 12:11AM

Main British Car:
1974 MGBGT Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: danmas
Date: May 05, 2012 10:23PM

It's confirmed. Barring the unexpected, Jim Watson will be taking the Roadmaster to Texas and back.

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: May 09, 2012 11:46AM

Great news Dan.
Just got confirmation from Wayne that we have the meeting for the Roadmaster tour schedule on the agenda for Tuesday eveing in the meeting room at the hotel. See you all there.

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: May 29, 2012 11:51AM

Got a lot worked out in Palestine. The Roadmaster will be on the Power Tour and then go with Rob Ficalora to Houston and be shown in that area for a few weeks then PJ has volunteered to move it back towards Ohio for some August events. We donated $100 to Jim Watson to aid in his expense for towing the car back to Jim's and I think we should also kick in some gas money to PJ for his trip. We don't have a lot in the treasury at this time, forgot to pass the hat in Palestine, so donations are encouraged. Our new treasurer, Bill Davidson will have an update soon, but I think we still have around $340 in our account as I remember from Steve's last report.
I'd like to have some sort of cushion in the account in case the car needs any parts replaced when on the road and also we'll need some funds for planned maintenance and upgrades this winter as well.
The feedback from all the drivers in Palestine was great. Still some rough edges to the car, but overall quite a great result from our collective efforts. We need to get the gas gauge sorted if we can, don't want anyone to pull a "Curtis" when driving it due to the gauge reading incorrectly.

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: June 03, 2012 10:57AM

News from the Power Tour. Jim just called me and reports that the car is garnering some attention and that Mike Moor won't let Jim drive it he's having so much fun. They just pulled out on today's run, lots of cars there. Looking forward to meeting the car in Madison and seeing Rick and Pete.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: June 03, 2012 11:52AM

Well, Jim's drove it plenty, Mike hasn't. Therefore, Mike should be the DD for their leg of the Tour. :)

Todd McCreary
Todd McCreary

(207 posts)

03/16/2012 10:57PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: Todd McCreary
Date: July 04, 2012 08:13PM

next up is Kintnersville, PA?

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 05, 2012 09:56AM

Todd, need information on that event and who is planning on taking the car there. The next person I have on the list is Mike Maloney for an event near him in Ohio as far as I know and that is in August. Please e-mail me at bkyoung at kc dot rr dot com and let me know what information you have. Thanks.

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 11, 2012 08:49AM

Attention all Roadmaster drivers and BADASS members. There has been a change in the planned activities for the Roadmaster this summer. Mr. Maloney will not be able to take the car to the Ohio events in August, so we have time available and need input from you guys to work out a new itenerary for the car. Rob it appears that you have some more time with the car to enjoy it now that you have the starter fixed. PJ, need to know what your schedule looks like as well.
Guys, all of you that want to host the car please send me your e-mail addresses so that I can create a mailing list for all concerned and get the latest news out quicker. bkyoung at kc.rr.com

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: July 11, 2012 02:01PM

Starter is fixed but its not drivable yet. Remember I mentioned the oil pressure line looked suspect? Well when I started it last night it proceeded to squirt about 1/2 a quart of oil on my garage floor before I could shut it off. Plan to fix that tonight so I can show it at a wounded soldiers fund raiser/car show this weekend.

crashbash
david bash
st. charles
(215 posts)

01/28/2008 10:53AM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Rdst V8 project, 1968 MGC GT, 1969 MGB Rd olds 215

Posted by: crashbash
Date: July 11, 2012 03:53PM

Is'nt this thing still under warrenty? Not sure what universe the dealership is in ha
Is this starter thing such an issue because of the big motor/little starter? Are there simular problem with other BOP/Rover engines? I don't remember reading much about this being a problem.

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 11, 2012 05:11PM

David, I'm going to copy your post to the Roadmaster thread so we don't start taking this "Events" thread too far off topic -- I apologize for doing that by sharing the update here. I'll respond to your comment over there.

Todd McCreary
Todd McCreary

(207 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: July 14, 2012 08:10AM

Todd, need information on that event and who is planning on taking the car there.

That's just the point, Bill. I have *NO* information.

I don't even know where the car is right now, much less where it's intended to be heading next.

This is the forum thread for the Roadmaster Events List. If I can't come here to find out the relevant information why does this thread even exist? I'm not trying to be snarky or offensive, I'm trying to find out the information which the thread title claims should be in this thread.

If I could make a suggestion:
Copy / paste the current status and upcoming date list into this thread. Keeping an updated copy on the first post ( if possible ) as well as the last page of the thread shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of browsing time per week.

This way casual members will be more plugged in to the process AND more likely to help out if you have transport or parts / labor needs for the car.

For instance, I'm in NE Indiana and I whiffed on the Roadmaster appearance in South Bend. This is mostly my fault. That date was actually published and I knew it. I just spaced out, what with working 60+ hours a week.

Right now, I was just trying to find out if the car was going to be swinging back by my area any time soon. Kintnersville isn't anywhere close to me but I thought maybe the car might pass through in transit. Mr. Maloney's OH visit would likely have been perfect for me but now that has fallen through. ;_;

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 15, 2012 12:08AM

Todd, I have the car here in Houston. It was going to go to Mike Maloney via PJ sometime late July, but per above looks like that plan is evolving (no hard feelings here - now that i have it back on the road, i've started showing it locally.

Along those lines, i just got back from a local car show/benefit for two families (Robinson & Johnson) to help with costs related to a motorcycle accident. Was a great time with a few bands, good BBQ, and a few great cars. The Roadmaster had plenty of interest. Next weekend is the car show for wounded Vets (I had the dates backwards).

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: July 15, 2012 10:46AM

I found a couple of flame traps you might try:

[item.mobileweb.ebay.com]
[item.mobileweb.ebay.com]
$(KGrHqYOKj!E6T(IWG)QBOs4pHcvtg~~60_1.JPG
$(KGrHqZ,!lIE+2BFE1GzBP9puCyoig~~60_1-1.JPG

The first is a Rover part and should fit easily I think but may need more capacity. The second is Volvo. It looks like it will work better if there is room for it.

Jim

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: July 15, 2012 12:53PM

I've offered to get the Roadmaster to Michigan for the UML Summer Party (August 16-19) if PJ can get the car to St.Joseph.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: July 15, 2012 01:28PM

For those who haven't noticed, the Roadmaster Events thread is now at the top. The huge Roadmaster thread has been moved to the second one down. ;)

Nevermind. It seems to have flipped back on my computer.........weird.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 09:07PM by MGBV8.

lawnvett
PJ Lenihan
Winston-Salem, NC
(477 posts)

04/29/2009 11:37AM

Main British Car:
74 MGB-GT 3.4 V-6 crate, 5 spd

Posted by: lawnvett
Date: July 15, 2012 05:28PM

I have offered to fly to Houston Aug. 9 then drive the Roadmaster to Rick. I would be flying space available (standby). So _tentative_ is the key word.

Todd McCreary
Todd McCreary

(207 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: July 15, 2012 10:52PM

Nevermind. It seems to have flipped back on my computer.........weird.

Carl
Both of these threads have been "stickied" by the board moderator. They will stay at the top of the forum no matter what, until the moderator disables the sticky flag.

They're "flipping back and forth" because they are ordered by the time and date of the last post in the thread, just like the regular posts in the forum. You might have one stickied thread or two dozen stickied threads. Stuck threads will always list first, by the date of the last post made to each respective thread.

I've offered to get the Roadmaster to Michigan for the UML Summer Party (August 16-19)

Sweet!

Grand Rapids is doable. I did Holland to catch the last showing of "Senna" in the US.
[www.sennamovie.com]

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: July 16, 2012 09:37AM

Great PJ, Please send me your address and I'll send you a check for some gas money.
Rick you'll be in control for a while, I'll be pretty busy travelling in August but will still try to keep up with things as I can. Anyone else wanting the car for fall events needs to speak up soon so that we can make plans.
Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.