(69 posts)

10/24/2010 08:21PM

Main British Car:
1953 MG TD Chevy 350

authors avatar
Great car, what is it?
Posted by: deltadave
Date: January 08, 2012 01:33PM

That ever happen to you? As I’ve said before I grew up in Watkins Glen, a sports car community and my family had many Brit cars and a couple Italian ones. I probably give people a strange look, when they see my MG/TD and say “Great car, what is it”?, and then “is that real or a kit car” When I was a kid I could tell a TC from a TD, but I guess I’m lucky my Dad gave me the love of cars. I'm proud of my TD and take the time to tell people about the car. Oh well, just bored on a winter day and thinking about stuff.

If anyone is interested, Michael Argentsinger has a new book “F1 at Watkins Glen”. A collection of photos looking back at the twenty year history of F1 at the Glen.

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Re: Great car, what is it? What's a Jensen Healey ?
Posted by: roverman
Date: January 08, 2012 02:44PM

Dave, Yea I get that sometimes, at least they don't ask if it's an Edsel. I expect to hear it more went it morphs into "AC 6.1".Cheers, roverman.

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Great car, what is it?
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: January 08, 2012 05:21PM

It almost feels like I grew up in Watkins Glen - have been to many vintage car race weekends over the years......and barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there again this year (Sept.7-9/12)
[www.theglen.com]
......featured marque this year is the Ford Mustang.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.