(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: Brake Master Cylinder size
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: January 18, 2012 01:56PM

Thanks Bill. Standard rotors can be scalloped without too much trouble. First pass with a holesaw to remove bulk material, second pass with an insert mill to clean up and get accuracy for consistent balance. The trick is to find a suitable blank to begin with, one that mounts to a hat for further weight reduction. With the right parts it should be possible to get down close to the weight of the OEM non vented rotor, possibly even less. Then the weight saved with the calipers can offset the weight gained with wider wheels and tires. I think Wilwood hats are about a pound, Speedway steel hats are 2, but noticeably less expensive.

Jim

63BlueMGB
Nick B
Kansas City, Mo.
(96 posts)

01/16/2011 05:17PM

Main British Car:
1963 MGB

authors avatar
Re: Brake Master Cylinder size
Posted by: 63BlueMGB
Date: January 18, 2012 10:27PM

Thanks to all that have replied! I have a couple of ways to determine what my Brake MC should be now and it now gives me an option depending on how the car drives and brakes. It is great how this forums brings up points that I didn't think about. The brake set up I decided to go with does have some weight to it but it did give me an option of price and wheel selection (which I already have). But after reading the replies I could have made a couple of other choices to lighten my set up. But I guess that is the fun in building a car, Using ideas and thoughts and opinions to decide what you would like to do to your car and then changing it.

But what about my Clutch MC, How would a Wilwood 3/4" MC and a 7/8 Push style slave cylinder work for a t-5 Clutch set up. I have seen alot of people using the 5/8 CNC, so how would the 7/8 speedway slave compare.

Thanks again
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.