West Carrollton, Ohio
(37 posts)

02/16/2012 07:57PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB ROADSTER 3500 V6

JIm Blackwood thanks for taking an unbiased view
Posted by: kill r b
Date: February 17, 2012 07:59PM

Jim, What was said about me on the "other forum" from the administrator isn't entirely true. I can't defend myself because I elected off the site. His version and mine parallel some but not all. I lay defenseless in the dirt because I can't post a rebuttal so he can say whatever he wishes. It's his ball game and he took his bat and glove and left. He's in the sweat box and he'll need to convince some whether it be the truth or not. I don't have time to coddle him and I won't. I had no intention of advertising my product. The biggest clod on the plowshare was the first thing that came from his first note that he wanted money. OK I'm good with that but I thought my contributions were worth something also. I can't help but believe the customers I got from there bought items from vendors in the forum and the supporters of the advertising on his site. I left the forum with a few conversioneers hanging in the balance. Hopefully we can re-establish contact.
I also feel a little hurt because it was my idea to change the forum title to include every facet of conversions and draw more knowledge into the site. I have a few emails from Skye about this and he would have to admit It was my basic idea, good or bad. I have seen a few ad's from other vendors and forum members over the years just as you have. I suspect some politics could be playing it's hand there also. Anyway, I am not discouraged by his actions and it only stimulated me to explore another possible conversion. Nuff of this. I was talking to Mike Maloney about your Roadmaster project and we agreed that you almost outdone yourself. Very impressive package of mechanical art.

Dann BCC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 09:23PM by kill r b.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: JIm Blackwood thanks for taking an unbiased view
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: February 17, 2012 09:31PM

Thank you Dann. I'm just guessing it may not be entirely appropriate to air dirty laundry about another forum here, or that most might not want to hear it but I'm more than happy to talk via PM at any time. Curtis is also a great friend and we get along extremely well most of the time, which is a relationship I cherish. My guess is that a bad conjunction of cosmic forces descended upon both you and Skye with unhappy results, but hey, that's just my take on something I know nothing about. If I didn't think your intentions were acceptable I'd never have invited you over here so that probably says enough. So now may be a time for reflection and introspection. We have a really good thing going here. And I wasn't pulling any punches when I mentioned that you have a somewhat mercurial temperament, which of course is no news to you. I'm OK with that. Some of the other denizens may be a little put off by it from time to time so I'd like to recommend keeping that in mind. What I do is I always do a preview before I post, and if anything about it strikes me as controversial, I let it sit, come back and read it again later. That's kept me out of a good bit of hot water since I started doing it that way. You see, I can be a bit mercurial myself. Regards,

Jim

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4516 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: February 18, 2012 08:16AM

Quote:
I was talking to Mike Maloney about your Roadmaster project and we agreed that you almost outdone yourself

Not even close. Big mistake to underestimate Big Jim. He's a Mensa Hillbilly. ;)

burner1
Gary W

(212 posts)

09/24/2011 09:59AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: burner1
Date: February 18, 2012 09:37AM

Dann I had mentioned on there before that the venders contribute and convey more to the information and expertise in that web site then anyone. It's a shame they have to pay the most. Since they do pay they should have a lot of leway and he should be open to understanding.

While I do understand an advertising policy I don't see anyone on the forums making their money from the forums and what the venders give far exceeds anything they recieve. MG-E has gained the attention of common man and large advertisers and the whole landscape over there has changed. There are very few worthy discussions happening any more. Sky has also allowed a certain element to prety much control off topic; an element he seems to agree with which has made it a sour pill.

And if you don't like somehting over there he says hit the road. Sounds like a good idea to me. He's not going anywhere. He has gained the common man crowd which have to ask what size a wrench fit on a bolt and should I remove that bolt or pay some one to do it.

Curtis I hope you never become as big and popular as that. It seems many forums sucomb to that eventually and become more about usless time consuming trivia and dribble.

The best forums are ran by enthusiest not forum entrepeneurs. And don't think his forum is not valuable monitarily $$. He would like you to believe his forum is worthless and he makes nothign from it even though he gets 9 million hits. I know of a similar forum for S-10's which sold for $1.5m bassed on revenew. MG-E is becoming noted as the go to place in the MG british car magazines. And this is why he can tell the people who contribute the most to information and expertise if you don't like it, be on your way; and many have.

Good for him. He has a good thing going; it is a political leaning social site with some MG content and lots of dribble. That is what the masses seem to want but not the enthusiest.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 06:01PM by burner1.

kill r b
Dann Wade
West Carrollton, Ohio
(37 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 18, 2012 10:47AM

Gary, very interesting analogy. I'm sure Skye has taken all the criticism and encouragement to mind. I do feel compassion for him on top of everything else. The forum has wavered as I had noticed after a long period of absence. Perhaps my absence was my undoing. I do wish him the ability to see some of the situations that you have mentioned and hope the he can rectify some of them.

Dann BCC

Dan B
Dan Blackwood
South Charleston, WV
(1007 posts)

11/06/2007 01:55PM

Main British Car:
1966 TR4A, 1980 TR7 Multiport EFI MegaSquirt on the TR4A. Lexus V8 pl

authors avatar
Posted by: Dan B
Date: February 18, 2012 01:53PM

Isn't it interesting how different forums grow and others founder. Triumph Experience is pretty dead, but the Triumph forum on BCF is pretty active. Quite the opposite with MGs. And the most active forum for TR7 and 8s is across the pond.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: February 18, 2012 05:04PM

Just so the right guys get credit, I had an awful lot of help on the Roadmaster.And all those guys are the key to how it was really done. If not for them there would BE no MG Roadmaster.

Jim

kill r b
Dann Wade
West Carrollton, Ohio
(37 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 18, 2012 08:45PM

Credit rendered to credit recieved is a virtue Jim. I had to pick a few brains along the way myself. I did get your private message . Thanks, Dann

kill r b
Dann Wade
West Carrollton, Ohio
(37 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 18, 2012 08:47PM

Carl, that is a very humorous thing to say about Jim. You must know him well.

Dann

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.