(104 posts)

03/10/2008 12:45AM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB 350 SBC bored 0.040 over

authors avatar
Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Posted by: denvermgb
Date: April 25, 2012 08:32PM

Got invited to cruise with the Mile Hi Cobra Club Sunday. What a beautiful day to drive in the Rocky Mtns. We started in Aurora, picked up some additional members in Morrison, then went to Cripple Creek, taking the back way through some very twisty roads. My car ran perfectly, even ascending to 10,000 feet. Lots of interest in my car. At lunch in Cripple Creek, I was able to talk to several of the guys who had built their cars. Their discussion was about many of the things I read about on this forum regarding T5 trannies, wheels/tires, rear diffs, etc.
I realize I do not spend as much time on this forum (versus the MG Experience) as I should. I think the threads here are much more germain to my project. I am in process of completing the hood scoop (waiting for my tranny from the shop). Next is the install of my V8 T5 that is in the shop now to be rebuilt, then I will be welding in new floors. I really haven't tackled the body work, as I want to have evrything mechanically where I want it first.
I do find the threads here are very informative - I really appreciate the insights from you guys.

Brad
cobra cruise2.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 08:43PM by denvermgb.

mgbv81970
Scott Wooley
Frederick Colorado
(23 posts)

09/07/2011 02:20PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGB 289 Ford V8

authors avatar
Re: Cruisin' with the Cobras in Colorado
Posted by: mgbv81970
Date: May 04, 2012 02:09PM

I'm jealous! How could you NOT enjoy a day of mountain driving in a high powered MG, in the company of Cobras? I'm very close to getting on the road and plan on lots of mountain drives. Look for me this fall at the British Conclave, I'll be the guy with the shiny red car with (probably) bald back tires!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Scott

denvermgb
Brad Carson
Aurora, Colorado
(104 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: May 08, 2012 08:31AM

Scott,

I look forward to meeting you! I drive through your town often on business and I used to work for a company in Frederick. Perhaps we could meet up at the Golden show which is first Saturday of the month? I usually go with one or two of the Cobra guys.

Brad

mgbv81970
Scott Wooley
Frederick Colorado
(23 posts)

09/07/2011 02:20PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGB 289 Ford V8

authors avatar
Posted by: mgbv81970
Date: May 08, 2012 02:50PM

Brad, I still have tons of things to finish up on the car. I'm waiting for my new flywheel to arrive, then balance rotating group, then assemble engine, then numerous details. All body and paint, rear end, tranny, electrical, radiator, etc. DONE. Looks like it might be July before I get it on the road, but I welcome anyone who's in my neighborhood to drop by if you're curious.

Rock on

Scott

denvermgb
Brad Carson
Aurora, Colorado
(104 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: May 08, 2012 11:49PM

Scott,

PM me with your email and/or phone number, I'd love to come by and see your car or help out. I have some rear shock issues right now, but I hope to be back on the road this weekend.

Brad

MrNick
Nickolas Beckius
Colorado Springs, CO
(30 posts)

11/10/2009 03:14PM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB 4.6L Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: MrNick
Date: August 13, 2012 01:04PM

Very nice. I really need to get my conversion finished and come hang around with you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.