(829 posts)

02/28/2009 10:01AM

Main British Car:
1966 MGB Roadster 350 LT1 Chevy

authors avatar
Tomorrow marks the 12th anniversary
Posted by: Jim Stabe
Date: December 25, 2012 10:17AM

Merry Christmas everyone. It was the day after Christmas in 2000 that I raised the Sawsall in anger to the MG body and this phase of its life began. It only took about an hour to separate the left half from the right but that one hour altered my life dramatically and has allowed me to develop a number of skills that I would have otherwise not had and to meet a lot of really nice people at least electronically. I was able to reconnect with an old friend I had not seen since the 70's. When people asked me when it would be done my standard answer was (and still is) next year. This year I may actually have a shot at making that happen or at least having it run. There have been lots of interruptions along the way both car related and not: bathroom remodels, kitchen remodel, patio remodels both front and rear, landscaping, and a hundred other jobs that fall into the miscellaneous category. Car related stuff like building an English wheel (twice), making 2 belt sanders, a steel top work table, a helve hammer, a power shrinking machine, powering a HF bead roller, a ring roller and the list goes on.

Over the 12 years the original concept has morphed from just widening the stock monocoque to a car having a backbone style tube frame incorporated into the structure, from running a basically stock LT1 engine to a built 425 hp naturally aspirated engine and yet again recently to a blown and water/methanol injected LT1. The time for making changes is over and now I just have to git'r done.

I'm posting this on both forums and I would like to thank everyone who has contributed ideas and moral support along the way and hope everyone has a spectacular 2013.

pspeaks
Paul Speaks
Dallas, Texas
(698 posts)

07/20/2009 06:40PM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB-GT 1979 Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Tomorrow marks the 12th anniversary
Posted by: pspeaks
Date: December 25, 2012 11:00AM

I know there is always something in the way, I'm working on six years myself, but there’s also that project we just can’t walk away from. We’ve only met electronically but I have no doubt you’ll get it done!

Paul

pspeaks
Paul Speaks
Dallas, Texas
(698 posts)

07/20/2009 06:40PM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB-GT 1979 Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: pspeaks
Date: December 25, 2012 11:05AM

Jim, I’ve decided on an approach to the fabrication of my steering shaft but needed a clarification on something you said. If you get a chance read the old Steering Rack post as I plan to do it today.

Paul

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: December 26, 2012 12:08AM

Jim, I can't wait to see your car. This is the year it'll be drivable - am looking forward to videos when you hit that stage!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.