(104 posts)

03/10/2008 12:45AM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB 350 SBC bored 0.040 over

authors avatar
Cruisin' with the Cobra's in Colorado
Posted by: denvermgb
Date: August 05, 2013 04:25PM

A beautiful day in Colorado yesterday, started out in Parker, Colorado, then on to Chatfield area, then back roads towards Cripple Creek. As we passed through Hartsel, Colorado, they were getting ready to have a parade and asked us to join in. I think we doubled the size of the parade! Instead of continuing on to Cripple Creek, we stopped in Florissant for lunch, then over US 24 to Colorado Springs and back to the Denver area. Despite forecasts of scattered rain throughout the state, we just had a few drops on I-25 between Colorado Springs and Denver.
Those of you contemplating a V8 conversion; with my SBC conversion, I am accepted by the Cobra guys so I hang out with them, also the hotrod guys, and even some of the MG guys are warming up to my car, even though it is far from done. I get to meet quite a cross-section of fellow gearheads and learn a lot about different cars, and get lots of input about my car. The Cobra guys have very similar issues in building their cars as we do with our V8's.

We passed through Manitou Springs after Florissant, so those of you coming out next year for the V8 meeting, you can get an idea of what some of your drive(s) might be. Take a look at a map and see some CURVEY roads!

Brad
cobra cruise01.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 04:36PM by denvermgb.

denvermgb
Brad Carson
Aurora, Colorado
(104 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Re: Cruisin' with the Cobra's in Colorado
Date: August 05, 2013 04:25PM

Another shot.
cobra cruise02.jpg

denvermgb
Brad Carson
Aurora, Colorado
(104 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: August 05, 2013 04:34PM

My bad, I have been busy with life/work/family and I don't think I have updated you guys on my progress. I have the rear disk brakes installed. In all honesty, I don't think they work as well as the Ford Drums, but I still need to do some adjustments and I think I might have an issue with the passenger side caliper. I have completed most of the stereo install, and it sounds great, even with an SBC rumbling down the road. Next will be the e-brake handle, cables, etc. I got the Mustang handle from the junk yard and new cables at Advance Auto. After the e brake and the floors, the body work will begin, hopefully this winter. I'd love to have all this stuff done for the V8 meeting here in Colorado next year!

Brad

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 05, 2013 04:38PM

Sounds like a great time! I would have enjoyed it.

I got up early on Saturday and went to Cars-and-Coffee in Lafayette. They had a terrific turn-out! I enjoyed meeting up with BritishV8 member Karl Heitz who is just getting ready to start his project and also Glenn Merrell who is President of the Triumph Stag Club USA. I had hoped to make it down to Golden Saturday evening for the big cruise, but something came up. (Did the cruise get rained on?)

denvermgb
Brad Carson
Aurora, Colorado
(104 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: August 05, 2013 05:57PM

Curtis,

Actually, the Cripple Creek cruise was scheduled for last Sunday, but it rained most of the day so was postponed and re-run for yesterday. I went camping with my family this weekend near Eagle, but we came home Saturday night because it rained on us from @ 3PM on.
I joined the Mile Hi Cobra Club this year, so I can keep you posted of other events. These guys were gracious enough to allow me to join. They figured that I have a small British car with a big American V8, kinda fits the genre even though I am not a "Cobra." They said, no one in the club has a real "Cobra" so you're in.

Brad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 06:25PM by denvermgb.

MrNick
Nickolas Beckius
Colorado Springs, CO
(30 posts)

11/10/2009 03:14PM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB 4.6L Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: MrNick
Date: August 12, 2013 09:59AM

Wait, Hartsel has a parade?! What did they parade, there's nothing out there?

denvermgb
Brad Carson
Aurora, Colorado
(104 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: August 12, 2013 02:23PM

I think the emergency personel needed an excuse to fire up their vehicles! Perhaps they were also focusing on the hotdog/bbq fundraiser?! The parade was less than a city block long, so we actually did two laps! There was a wagon pulled by a few horses, too. They had a person in a Smokey-the-Bear costume, I guess they have to focus on fire prevention more and more. You guys in the Springs know that better than anyone.

Brad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2013 02:26PM by denvermgb.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.