Michigan
(129 posts)

12/16/2012 03:16PM

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

My 16-year-olds first pass
Posted by: tomsbad6
Date: October 12, 2013 08:10PM

Hello it's me Mr. Ahlstrom my 16-year-old Brendan is driven his MG midget that we built last winter all summer without scratching it denting it or getting any speeding tickets I told him if he could do that we would teach him to dragracing and put a V-8 in the car this winter it looks like I'm going to have to eat my words so I believe this car is my next V-8 project should be pretty simple it already has a Ford T5 transmission with the stock motor and a whopping 60 hp he seems to be doing pretty good driving it is reaction times are pretty consistent at about a half a second this video was on Friday night today is Saturday he ran almost whole tank of gas through the car at the dragstrip today I've never seen a 16-year-old smile quite like that all day long everybody the dragstrip told him your car might be slow but it sure looks nice he's really excited about owning a little British car he just wants to go fast like mine after racing all day he said he wanted to race me just to see who would cut a better light he was a little disappointed when I cut my best light of the day at 520 on a 500 tree I got a be careful the kid my girl up and beat the old man NOT anyway look at it it was good father-son fun I guess he's the next generation of British car nut jobs he's pretty excited he told me when we got home there were a lot of hot chicks there and they all like my car I don't think you could wipe the smile off his face with sandpaper LOL

[www.youtube.com]

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: My 16-year-olds first pass
Posted by: 88v8
Date: October 13, 2013 02:25AM

Great to see. Too few youngsters involved in old cars.
As a shortcut to getting him V8 power, what about that green Healey that's for sale with the 302? All done, cheap, and pretty cool paint job, so long as you like green.
Don't know the car, just saying.

Ivor

perrymgbv8
Perry Stephenson

(188 posts)

12/06/2007 02:50PM

Main British Car:

Re: My 16-year-olds first pass
Posted by: perrymgbv8
Date: October 18, 2013 03:53PM

As Ivor said!
Great to see some young blood in and older car on the strip. I hope he gets the bug and sticks with it :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.