(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Re: Who's working on their projects?
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: November 22, 2007 10:30AM

Carl, hope to attend the event in Elkhart Lake, but will fly. No, i did not make the SBCC event in Chat. it was over before i knew it was happening. you bet i will try to do better on the auto-cross. i had a senior moment on path thru the cones and could not visualize the correct path. best way is to ride with someone and get the proper path. even better, just line it with chalk or other medium and maybe i can follow it. guess i just prefer the straight line. thanks for "Well Wishes" and everyone have a safe and happy Holiday Season.
SAFETY FASTER!

Bruce Mills
Bruce Mills
Vancouver Canada
(71 posts)

11/28/2007 09:31PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB Roadster 3.5 Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: Bruce Mills
Date: December 01, 2007 09:24AM

I pretty well have my 74.5 MGB Roadster dismantled in preparation for the addition of Omni flares this coming February.
I have pretty well decided on the wheels and tires and I am currently pricing them. In the interim period I will be taking a new/used fender and a hood back to bare metal. The fiberglass bumpers have to be tweaked a bit. New kick panel to be made up, some electrical modification.
I am considering shaving the door handles and locks and will have to research how a remote opener works.
so there is lots to do.

Bruce

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
Forest Lake, Minnesota, USA
(383 posts)

10/30/2007 02:27AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB '95 3.4L 'L32' SFI V6, GM V6T5 & 3.42 Limi

authors avatar
Posted by: BMC
Date: December 02, 2007 09:08PM

I have been playing hooky from clients cars for a few days to put together my 1980. I have been putting this off for the last 3 years+++. I do have a writeup on why my own car has never been done, but I think its the same reason as everyone else's. Was hoping to have the BGT V6 ready to go as well, but Rick is gone so chances are good that we will only have one B of our own there... If all goes according to plan. Still need to rent rooms though.

My brother would like to attend with his repowered Porsche (German car= he is the black sheep of the family!), would there be room at the event for his car to run the track and whatnot? Whos arm needs twisting to allow him to drive his car to this? ;-)

-BMC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 09:10PM by BMC.

Solarman
Dennis mcIntyre

(20 posts)

11/09/2007 10:02PM

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Posted by: Solarman
Date: December 18, 2007 07:58PM

Mine is my garage getting a new rear end and a hood cowl made. As well a little carb work ans clutch inspection.

Citron
Stephen DeGroat
Lugoff, SC
(367 posts)

10/23/2007 09:43PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGBGT V6, 7004R, AC, matching trailer 3.1 liter

Posted by: Citron
Date: December 18, 2007 08:52PM

Carl,
The other car at Chatanooga was Chris Powell. He has a 78 B with hardtop and chrome bumbers installed. Engine is a 3.9 Rover and a Camaro v8 trans. Ford rear with 3.55 gears and posi. Run very well. It is also has AC.

I picked up a 290 hp Chevy crate engine for $1500 dollars at a Charlotte, NC car show. It will go in my 85 Jag XJ6. The car Carl saw in Tenn.
I hope to get in installed by the end on Jan, 2008.
I am also finishing up a Ford 8 in for my V6 MGBGT. Alonger gear should help on the open road. That should be done in Feb,2008.
Hope to make the V8 meet in Wisconsin. Haven't decided which car th take though.

Steve

filospinato
Jake Voelckers

(18 posts)

01/15/2008 10:44PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: filospinato
Date: January 18, 2008 02:28PM

I hope to get the C axle and C exhaust under my car this year and redrill the leaf spring mounts at the same time, both front and rear. Also want to get the CB crossmember installed. Easy to say, hard to find the time and motivation to do it, even harder to get them synchronized.

Doc Hopalongfoot
Marc Weitzman
Huntingto Woods, MI
(58 posts)

01/22/2008 11:45PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB roadster ford 302

Posted by: Doc Hopalongfoot
Date: January 24, 2008 11:49PM

Hi All,
My project is going slowly, and its kind of OK. I'm not the wrench turner on it, no skill. Its being done at a shop in Windsor, Ont. by a guy that has one LBC conversion previously done. I want to thank Kelly, Joe, and Graham for the help and guidence they gave me at the 2007 meeting in Ohio, and in Michigan. We are at the second engine fit stage and getting to the building of the headers point in the project. There's a lot of thinking, and not much doing at this time but that may save money and time in the long run. We will be doing a front shock conversion, I got a kit with a pair of Spax shocks and it looks neat. We will also be trying a Strange front steering rack(borrowing one to try out before we buy). The rear will be a 8.8 from a Lincoln with disc brakes and posi, probably 3.55 or 3.43. The engine is a stock 302 from an 88 Cougar, a tremec 5 speed is already attached. The plan includes keeping the rad, front brakes, and heater, and putting through the inner fender headers on with a fuel cell type gas tank that will create a new trunk floor(old one has the only rust on the car). I'm planning to keep the fenders un-welled, but I'm not married to having a stock only look. The front hood will close with no holes in it. One of the questions I have is what type and size wheel should I look for? I'd like to go with a 16in 215 or 225 but I don't know if it will fit. My budget for this project is limited and I'm trying to save where I can and not where I shouldn't. I just got a 70 BGT that is crying for a V6, but I can only handle one at a time unless something hits me between the eyes and I have to go for it. I'll try to attach some photos but I haven't been too successful at that. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has about any of our decisions.
Thanks,
Marc

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 25, 2008 01:44AM

Welcome to the forum Marc!

I see that your problems validating your new UserID are all settled. I've sent you a "personal message" so you can see how that works too... and in it I've included instructions for posting images. Just look in the upper righthand corner of the screen and where it says in RED "You've got a new personal message" (or something like that)... well... just click on that. (If your e-mail program is accepting our system's automatic e-mails, you should also get a personal message notification by e-mail.) There are some tips about using the message board in the "test messages" forum. When in doubt, just "click" on stuff!

Sounds like your car is off to a great start! I'll shut up now, and hopefully someone else will chime in.

V6 Midget
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Posted by: V6 Midget
Date: January 25, 2008 10:02AM

Marc, I can't help but think of a fellow Canadian with a 302 powered B that has some wheels and tires that are probably about what you had in mind. Check out Dennis McIntyre's car. [www.britishv8.org] He's running some 205 17s that look pretty good and fill the wheel wells nicely. As Curtis said, welcome to the Forum.

Doc Hopalongfoot
Marc Weitzman
Huntingto Woods, MI
(58 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 25, 2008 10:23PM

Thanks for the suggestion, the wheels don't look too big to me. I will have to make a decision soon on a bolt pattern, because the Lincoln is a 5 bolt. I will probably change the fronts to 5 bolt, but I need to be sure because the wheels and tires will be the second biggest outlay of cash, for parts, after the motor and trans. The other project I'd like some info on is my 70 BGT, that I would like to put a V6 into. Has anyone used a Buick regal 3.8 supercharged(FWD) motor for a swap? Is the 4.3 vortec a viable candidate? The little GT would go great with some more torque and HP. My pics are too big to get on the site. I have to find a way to make them smaller.
Marc

Doc Hopalongfoot
Marc Weitzman
Huntingto Woods, MI
(58 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 25, 2008 11:29PM

I hope these pics come out.
Marc
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.