(96 posts)

11/20/2013 07:47PM

Main British Car:
1977 mgb 2.8 l gm v6

authors avatar
POSTING MY CAR
Posted by: MG wanna B
Date: April 16, 2014 06:00PM

i have been working toward getting my car posted here. i need to take a new set of pictures, so that they can be loaded.

do i need to fill out a "how it was done" page, due to my purchasing the car already converted, or just add it to the gallery?

i do plan to add to the car, and make the little repairs that are needed, and was planning to document all that i do, like replacing the manual antenna with a power one, and already have it, as well as alot of other little bling items that i have, but, the history of the car is not documented.

i'm also contributing to the site, due to my coming here, more and more, and feel that the wealth of knowledge, here, is well worth the little bit of money.

any and all information is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: POSTING MY CAR
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 17, 2014 12:10PM

You certainly DON'T need to be the original builder to submit a How-It-Was-Done form. The template provides a convenient way to organize a listing of features and specifications. Just fill it in as completely and specifically as you can. Don't let its format constrict your specificity. More detail is better! I often add more detail based on what I see in the photos, and I often ask follow-up questions too. (I may send you back out to your garage to read the part number on something. Etc.) There's a box on the form for listing the builder's name. Fill it in, or put "unknown" or whatever...

If something is mentioned on the How It Was Done form, try to take a picture of it. For example, when a car has a carburetor I like to include photos with the air cleaner removed so the carb and its linkage can be clearly seen. For that matter, I'm interested to see photos of each component of a fuel injection system. It's okay to send lots of photos so I can pick and choose between them for the angles I like best (as Editor) - just don't go to crazy taking pictures of the paint job because those are the photos I most typically discard. (I'm far more interested in how conversions were done than "glamor shots".) Please make sure to read the photo tips at the bottom of this page before you take your photos.

Photo tip of the day: cars look better when photographed on overcast days, or early in the morning, or late in the afternoon. (Full sunlight from overhead is bad.)

Please note that "png" files may now be uploaded to this message board.

MG wanna B
edward davidson
mount olive,n.c.
(96 posts)

11/20/2013 07:47PM

Main British Car:
1977 mgb 2.8 l gm v6

authors avatar
Re: POSTING MY CAR
Posted by: MG wanna B
Date: April 17, 2014 06:00PM

thanks,

i had planned to take a really detailed photoshoot on it, when i get started with my little upgrades.

hope to get started real soon.

thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.