5579 Timber Ridge Dr, Mt Vernon, Skagit, Washingto
(118 posts)

05/06/2013 11:11PM

Main British Car:
MGB GT 1972 Buick 215

oh my gosh this is crazy
Posted by: robert1839
Date: May 08, 2014 12:13AM

so i was looking at the photos of cars on here looking for some inspiration. and i found this new car i havent seen on here yet. existed i looked and normal i only look i dont read. but i see all thes copper tubes and some crazy looking thing on engine. i think wow whats this do like some sort of fuel injetson system? i was amazed by this so i had to read about it. turns out its a air compressed starting thing that starts the car. and i have hued of this on some really old cars and thought it was good but bacse it didnt catch on that it wasnt use full or effective. so i will keep reading about this and see what the point behind it is. i am really just in aww with the amout of work involved with it and then i read more anout this car and it has 8 separate exhost pipes. crazy!! this is one of thos car i will just have to sit back and admire because wow thats a lot of work

here is the link to the car for thos who are interested

[www.britishv8.org]

bestdog
Romney Palma

(11 posts)

11/08/2011 01:48PM

Main British Car:

Re: oh my gosh this is crazy
Posted by: bestdog
Date: May 08, 2014 12:20PM

What! did you say..??????

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 08, 2014 01:04PM

I agree with Tristan! This car IS crazy. One of my favorites for sure.

But I didn't exactly sneak it into the Photo Gallery. It was announced and discussed a bit here and here and even here.

And I think I agree with Romney too. I don't mean to be too hard on anyone, but a working Shift key and some "spellchecker" software might sometimes help people get their points across. The web browsers on my laptop and on my smartphone both have spellcheckers built in. I need them.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 08, 2014 02:01PM

About air starters... they've been used on a lot of eighteen wheelers, on trains, and also coincidentally on a number of Formula One racecars. In those cases, however, compressed air was used to spin a pneumatic starter motor. You may have heard the distinctive sound of an air starter without knowing what it was. (That noise carries!) In particular, Roadway spec'd Ingersoll Rand pneumatic starters on every truck they bought year after year. At one point they were the biggest private truck fleet in USA, weren't they? Those Ingersoll Rand pneumatic starter motors aren't small or light, and Roadway trucks had large steel air tanks, so I don't know how much weight they saved. I suspect their motivation had more to do with long term maintenance costs. When I saw Howard's V8, I got to wondering if anyone has ever tried strapping an impact wrench to their hot-rod's engine.

robert1839
Tristan Cook
5579 Timber Ridge Dr, Mt Vernon, Skagit, Washingto
(118 posts)

05/06/2013 11:11PM

Main British Car:
MGB GT 1972 Buick 215

Posted by: robert1839
Date: May 08, 2014 08:38PM

yea i am not vary good at using punctuation. just be glad i didnt wright it out by hand lol. my English teachers have been on me from day one. when i read i never use the punctuation i just read over it so it makes it hard to know where to put the punctuation. then my dyslexia makes the spelling hard i have a spell check program but my spelling is so bad that it dosent know what i meant to spell. that is about 20 min of using spell check just for that up there. normally i will have my mom or a friend look over my work to edit what i cant and to make sure others can understand it.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: May 09, 2014 10:31AM

That's too bad Tristan. And I'm trying to be helpful instead of critical, but think of it this way. With the bad punctuation it's just as hard for every person who reads your post to read it as it is for you to write it. Which may be OK if you are only writing for one person to read it one time but if it is for the public then you can figure that you multiply the extra effort by however many people do read it and it could be thousands. If you consider then the extra effort that accumulates, then it starts to make some sense to take a few extra efforts on their behalf, since then they will be more likely to care about reading something you post.

For instance, I realize your dyslexia is a challenge, many have it to some degree or another. I have a good many words in which I regularly switch a pair of letters and frequently have to backspace because my fingers don't do what my brain says they should have done. But you can do one thing right now which will make a huge difference. Every time you put a period, hold down the shift key for the first letter of your next sentence. Can't go wrong doing that, and it makes your writing much easier to read. With practice it gets much quicker and easier.

Then if you have spellchecker turned on it will underline in red the words that you misspell and you have the option of right clicking and selecting the correct spelling from a list, or correcting it yourself.

I'm sure someone has told you all this before. Now you are hearing it from those who you would like to be your peers. You can believe it. It will make a difference and is worth learning to do. All of us have. It's a part of paying your dues. BTW, about 50 errors corrected in this typing.

Jim

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: May 09, 2014 10:37AM

Keyboards were not designed for big, fat fingers. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.