engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" and Costello V8s

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Brownwood
Keith Montague

(176 posts)

01/25/2014 08:08PM

Main British Car:

Hydraulic Clutch Hose Help? Confused Again!
Posted by: Brownwood
Date: May 14, 2014 08:44AM

I got my old 4 cylinder motor out and my 5.0 Ford buttoned up for the last time over the weekend. Im taking my T5 to the shop for a rebuild today. Bottom line, I am finally almost ready to do this engine swap.

My last major issue is clutch actuation. I am using the Nissan slave cylinder as discussed in this post [forum.britishv8.org]. As I research the hydraulic hose, I have confused myself. All this talk of bubble fittings and AN this and that.... It seems a braided line is the way to go but can someone tell me what fittings I need? Once again, I have gotten out of my comfort zone on this project!

Addicted
Mike Hagadorn
Warren PA
(132 posts)

09/27/2013 03:46PM

Main British Car:
1976 TR7 Victory Edition Ford 302

Re: Hydraulic Clutch Hose Help? Confused Again!
Posted by: Addicted
Date: May 14, 2014 09:33AM

I ran a short section of hard line out of the master and out of the slave, and then adapted the brake line to AN to make my hose connection. This allowed me to get the AN hose pointed in a convenient direction without hard bends at the ends. That's up to you.

You need to figure out what threads and flare type you have at both ends.
Threads could be metric or english (multiple sizes possible), and flare will either be bubble or dual inverted.

All I have found so far on that Nissan cylinder is that it appears to be M10x1, and I would guess dual inverted (typical Japanese fitting). You can buy a short piece of brake line with that fitting on it at your local parts store. Bend it around so your AN hose will be pointed in a convenient direction. Adapt to your AN hose either with an adapter fitting to go from M10x1 flare to AN, or cut the tube and flare it for an AN union or bulkhead.

My 2 cents.

Addicted
Mike Hagadorn
Warren PA
(132 posts)

09/27/2013 03:46PM

Main British Car:
1976 TR7 Victory Edition Ford 302

Posted by: Addicted
Date: May 14, 2014 09:53AM

Here are a couple to look at IF the Nissan slave is indeed M10x1 dual inverted flare
Russell 670501 M10x1 male (thread directly into slave cylinder) to -4AN.
Russell 640421 M10x1 female (thread a brake line into it) to -4AN.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2014 09:55AM by Addicted.

Brownwood
Keith Montague

(176 posts)

01/25/2014 08:08PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: Brownwood
Date: May 14, 2014 10:15AM

Cool, Thanks! Should get me going in the right direction.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.