10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: So...they've got us all beat...
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: March 30, 2015 09:03AM

"I'm still not sure on which side of the line my car sits."

Oh, you are most definitely still inside the line, Jim!

I have been daydreaming about a wider MGB for 12 years. Probably won't ever do it, so I get to live it thru yours. :) Been intrigued by the idea ever since I saw this MGA live & in person in Townsend, TN:

http://www.britishv8.org/Photos/33.jpg

Jim Stabe
Jim Stabe
San Diego, Ca
(829 posts)

02/28/2009 10:01AM

Main British Car:
1966 MGB Roadster 350 LT1 Chevy

authors avatar
Posted by: Jim Stabe
Date: March 30, 2015 11:35AM

Carl, you should go for it, there are a lot easier ways to do it than what I did and you wouldn't need to widen it as much. I widened it enough to cover the Corvette suspension. Use a fiberglass rubber bumper for the front and widen it and split bumpers in back ala early 70's MGB, leave the front frame rails and engine compartment alone and use a bolt in front suspension, make a windshield like the MGA has. It would be easy to widen a steel hood by adding a strip in the middle and you could use the stock hinges. Leave the tunnel intact and just widen it and use the stock pedals. If you plan out the cuts in the rear you can just add a strip in the center of the rear wheel wells and get a nice big tub for large tires. It wouldn't be that difficult to do.

perrymgbv8
Perry Stephenson

(188 posts)

12/06/2007 02:50PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: perrymgbv8
Date: April 14, 2015 06:31PM

Jasons car is certainly way out there eh ? I've been chatting to him for a good while now. I have as much admiration for him and his special car as he does for my junkyard dog drag MGB. Jays car has a modified MGB shell and it runs a modified Rover V8. Thats enough for me to agree that its a seriously Modified MGB :)
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.