England
(112 posts)

07/30/2011 01:08PM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB GT

Re: The One, the Only, Folvo MGB Build
Posted by: waterbucket
Date: March 16, 2016 02:08PM

Having just seen this post again it reminded me again about the Rover T series engine, about 200 bhp stock 250 with a chip or megasquirt. As far as I can remember it bolts straight onto an MGB gearbox or LT77 if you can find a bellhousing (Sherpa vans and Discovery 2 litre) It also weighs less than the B series engine. This one is on ebay for £300 or $430 plus freight.
[www.ebay.co.uk]

It will never be as strong as the Folvo but if you search the internet this can be done, in the nineties several MGBs had the non turbo version, this give quite a bit of power for little money.

Philip

DRHaulsee
Donald Haulsee
Claremont, Va
(31 posts)

12/02/2013 09:07AM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB 2.3 Turbo 16Valve DOHC Folvo

authors avatar
Re: The One, the Only, Folvo MGB Build
Posted by: DRHaulsee
Date: March 16, 2016 07:58PM

Philip,

I'll never find a Rover T series engine here in the States.

On another note, ALL RIGHT! FINALLY!

I have fought this thing to get the internal wastegate to actually hold boost. I changed the actuator out while the engine was out but still only got 7 psi with the bleed open to atmosphere at the fitting. I finally realized the control orifice in the fitting before the tee was missing.

Cobbled a control orifice out of a Mig welder tip and took it for a drive. 16 psi boost. I guess I need to add the circuits into the MS2 to use one of it's outputs to pulse width modulate a boost solenoid. The firmware I'm running on the MS2 supports that.

Great except AFR was 12.2 at that boost level. Ok, back to tuning....I need to get that to about 11.5 under boost. I need to add some timing at medium rpm and near atmospheric. It's a bit sluggish on a throttle blip for down shifting.
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.