Current Page: 5 of 5

mgb260
Jim Nichols
Sequim,WA
(1966 posts)

02/29/2008 08:29PM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB roadster 260 Ford V8

Re: Perry's Drag Race MGB is getting a SBC engine now !
Posted by: mgb260
Date: March 16, 2019 08:15PM

Perry, Very Cool!

perrymgbv8
Perry Stephenson

(178 posts)

12/06/2007 02:50PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: perrymgbv8
Date: March 17, 2019 06:12PM

Thanks Jim!
I am very pleased to say the least :)

I cant wait to run it for longer when I have made the Zoomies.

This engine is solid mounted to the chassis with additional braces front and rear of the right hand cylinder head (as viewed from the front) as I used these on my old Rover V8. The amusing thing for me was that the rear brace bar bolted straight into the Brodix head. The front brace only needed one hole enlarged on the Clive Wheatley Bracket so that bolted on as well?

During the test runs this weekend. I could have placed a glass of water on the top of the slam panel for the bonnet and it would not have lost a drop of water. The rotating assembly balancing works have paid off big time I think.

Regards to all

Perry

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(3671 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
79 MGB, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: March 30, 2019 11:11AM

Not sure how that new electric water pup will like a restrictor. Seems it would be easier to hit your target temp with a thermostat & allow all the flow needed for cooling when needed.

perrymgbv8
Perry Stephenson

(178 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: May 19, 2019 05:21PM

Another quick update!
Apart from still missing one door. The car is now ready to move under its own power. The fuel system is 90% complete with an open AN10 line under the hood. But I can still fill the carbs manually. my photobucket account is on hold right now as I cant seem to upgrade it? And my pics are too large to load on here.
I spent the last 2 weeks of spare time making the Zoomies which look ok. I got the fuel system well progressed. I had to have the prop shaft modified and got it fitted, I got the lexan rear screen fitted. I fitted a remote external battery kill switch. I fitted lexan to the drivers door. I got a remote fuel pressure gauge fitted to the scuttle in front of the windscreen. I will fit another gauge here for oil pressure soon, I got the breathers cut into the Brodix valve covers + lots of other small jobs done.
I only have 2 more evenings to work on the car as I'm off to SF on Friday to see family for a couple of days, and then me and the Wife are of to Vegas for 5 days before hitting SF again for 2 days before we fly home. Hopefully this resized attachment will work?

MGB engine resized.jpg

mgb260
Jim Nichols
Sequim,WA
(1966 posts)

02/29/2008 08:29PM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB roadster 260 Ford V8

Posted by: mgb260
Date: May 20, 2019 06:46AM

Perry, Thanks for the update!

perrymgbv8
Perry Stephenson

(178 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: May 20, 2019 03:43PM

Hi Carl
I used a restrictor in the old Rover setup as well. It takes a little longer to warm up. But when warm (60C) before the burnout, the fans cut in as required. 60C into the burnout pad. A quick burnout = 70C. By the time I have staged it sits around 75C. by the time I finish the 1/4 mile the old Rover used to see 90C. Then back to 80C after the coast to the exit at the end of the track. Then 85C - 90C by the time I had cruised back to my pit area depending on ambient air temp on the day. If its a warm day I start at 50C.

If it was a road car I would use a stat.

Regards
Perry
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.