Seattle
(61 posts)

09/26/2008 12:39PM

Main British Car:
72 MGB Roadster Rover 4L

New guy on the block.
Posted by: BriansMGBV8
Date: October 07, 2008 12:20PM

Well I've been hangin out in the back ground reading and taking notes and have decided I should say hello. "HELLO" ! I know a good number of folks here from the MGExperience V6 & V8 Forum but thought I should get over here, donate to the cause, and introduce myself. Been dealing with B's awhile and planning a V8 project for late next year with hope of driving in the summer of 2010. Got a very nice 79 MGB tub, Rover 4.0L crate moter (96 I believe), w/stock Buick intake, new (rebuilt) Carter 400cfm carb, 86 Camaro V8 T5 tranny, matching bellhousing (D&D), MGC rearaxle (center splined), Dodge omni flares, Fiero seats (headrest spkr equiped), MGBV8 radiator (D&D) and some other odds and ends for the interior. I love Dan Master's GT (don't we all) and hope to base my work on that though I'm concerned about frontend lift at highway speed without a front spoiler. I'm hoping to blend in a spoiler and still maintain that clean front end, we'll see. Will weld all seams, throw in the spkr mounts, nice idea, and do a similiar dash. Still need to aquire a flywheel, clutch setup, headers (RV8's ?) and dual exhaust setup. Have a new gas tank ready to go in centered to compliment the dual exhaust. As I have some time before I start assembly I might opt for Bill Guzman's rear axle setup. Front end will be stock as I've never had any issue with the handling of a B and I don't race (professionally anyway :) ). So there it is, I live in the Seattle area and hope to attend the V8 gathering next year. I"m not too mechanically inclined and as such usually do things twice, but what the heck, I don't have anything else to do. Well maybe a little golf!
Brian

t.lay
Tom Lay
Grayslake, IL
(93 posts)

05/13/2008 09:53PM

Main British Car:
72 mg b gt

Re: New guy on the block.
Posted by: t.lay
Date: October 07, 2008 07:54PM

Welcome Brian,

You're one up on me - usually takes me three tries at new stuff. hehe. Sounds like you've got a good start planned.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: New guy on the block.
Posted by: mowog1
Date: October 07, 2008 09:23PM

Welcome aboard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.