MG Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" and Costello V8s

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Jason O

(1 posts)

01/01/2017 01:35PM

Main British Car:

Radiator cap
Posted by: Jay
Date: January 01, 2017 01:41PM


Hoping someone can help me out with this. For my conversion, I'm looking for the radiator cap set-up like the one in the attached photo, where it integrates with a metal tube to connect the radiator and the engine outlet. Does anyone know what this part is called and where I can find it (preferable in North America).

Rad cap.jpg

Dennis Costello
Central Iowa
(151 posts)

12/29/2007 02:53PM

Main British Car:
'73 TR 6 '97 Explorer 5.0

Re: Radiator cap
Posted by: IaTR6
Date: January 01, 2017 01:49PM

Jay, I did a quick search, and found Jeg's part 53098, 1 1/2" inline radiator fill neck.
I'm sure other suppliers have similar items.

Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1095 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Radiator cap
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: January 01, 2017 05:51PM

Mine came from a '00 - '04 Dakota 4.7L engine.

engine coolant caps.jpg

Dorman sells the aftermarket equivalent (part # 902305) ........or from Gates (#32948K1)

Paul Speaks
Dallas, Texas
(698 posts)

07/20/2009 06:40PM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB-GT 1979 Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Radiator cap
Posted by: pspeaks
Date: January 02, 2017 01:20AM

Jay, got mine from Speedway. Part number 575-2202, $23.99.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.