(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
HP,TORQUE & LBC'S
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: November 22, 2007 01:31PM

In the first post "Look now, 15 yrs later", there was a large number of replies regarding the amount of experience many of our member have with "Hot Rods". We had OLD and Young replies, both exhibiting interest in the subject. The Conversion meets have a spectrum of people from all areas and interests. Both young and older mesh into a GROUP when detailing the mods to their cars. the age is forgotten, the evidence of your ability is shown by your work. sure, a limited few can do the "Turn Key" purchase, but they also fit in.
Tell us about your auto hobby past and what you see for the future. why did you come over to the Dark Side? if we don't keep the younger people (guys & girls) involved, we may not have a future.
SAFETY FASTER!

MGB SS
Joe Schafer
Central Michigan
(150 posts)

10/23/2007 06:46AM

Main British Car:
1971 Mgb 1991 5.0 Ford

authors avatar
Re: HP,TORQUE & LBC'S
Posted by: MGB SS
Date: November 22, 2007 09:03PM

I went trough the tail end of Muscle car area, mid to late 70s so I was able to get my hands on some of the cool cars (Chevelles, Cuda, Fire Bird Trans Ams to name a few) but second-third hand of coarse, by the time I got my hands on them, well lets say they had been through the ringer, not that they lasted long anyway. After the loss of drivers license a few times most of my buddies and I went into the lifted 4x4s it seemed the cops left us alone more if we were off on trails rather than goofing off on the streets. Also the Dirt track became the place to play as I worked on two different circle cars for the 1/4, 1/3 mile dirt.

Eventually life gets in the way of the hobby and Marriage, kids, Divorce and Visitations take up Ten years real quick. From the time my son was 14 I have dabbled in the hobby again, and it seems to be in his blood, some of you have meet him. When I was in High School probally 70% of the guys were into trucks or cars, usually both, in my sons school he and a few friends were the Minority. Today my son Cade and a good friend of his have taken over my shop (buying it) to work on cars of all types, Diesel Trucks, Fast American muscle and Low Riders. At least around my place the hobby seems to be in good hands.

Joe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.