02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

MG TD + V6
Posted by: 88v8
Date: October 16, 2017 09:25AM

Two-speed auto.
Not terribly sporty, eh what?
But I presume it was attached to the 64 Buick V6 engine, so in it went.

OK, it's short two cylinders......
But restored to life after a pretty comprehensive refresh, this 1951 MG TD can be yours.

MG TD 215.jpg

Could be fun. Here it is, in a somewhat underphotographed listing on CL
[elmira.craigslist.org]

At just $8,700 it looks a snip.

I've never heard of Elmira, NY, here's your opportunity to go and get acquainted.

Ivor

Scott68B
Scott Costanzo
Columbus, Ohio
(562 posts)

10/25/2007 11:30AM

Main British Car:
1968 MGB GM 5.3 LS4 V8

authors avatar
Re: MG TD + V6
Posted by: Scott68B
Date: October 16, 2017 01:17PM

Quote:

I've never heard of Elmira, NY, here's your opportunity to go and get acquainted.

It's a beautiful town in south central New York state. About a 100 miles south of where I was born and raised.

tbo
Tim Body
St Thomas Ontario
(221 posts)

01/27/2013 06:47PM

Main British Car:
1954 Triumph TR2 stock 2 litre

Re: MG TD + V6
Posted by: tbo
Date: November 29, 2017 11:01PM

Just south about 20 miles of Watkins Glen. We stayed there two years ago while at the Vintage Races in September. Lots of things named after Mark Twain..We found out that it was his wife's birthplace and they spent summers there. As it turns out Mark Twain and family are buried there in a beautiful old cemetery in town . We met the caretaker Sunday morning while trying to find the gravesite. It is fantastic to see ,,a real monument to an American hero.He was kind enough to guide us to the old cottage they owned on the other side of town. it's privately owned now and not really designated. The caretaker and his nephew were going to the races on Sunday so since we were heading home to Ontario we passed on our Sunday tickets to them as a thank you for the wonderful guided tour. So next time you are at Watkins Glen,,,,,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.