hailsham uk
(16 posts)

08/28/2011 04:50AM

Main British Car:
MG Roadster SBF347

sbf short waterpump
Posted by: motman
Date: June 22, 2019 04:57PM

Hi,i need some help i purchased a ford water pump part number M-850-E351s,can anyone tell me if this will fit my car it's currently got an edelbrock uprated pump v belt,the new pump has the inleton the opposite side does that matter apart from re plumbing bottom hose route,i dont want to disable the car as i dont have any spare gaskets to refit edelbrock pump you can see pictures of my engine in the HIWD section although its now a 347 i understand i need custom pulleys but can get them made here, please be aware i'm in uk so parts are much harder to come by
many thanks
Nigel

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: sbf short waterpump
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: June 22, 2019 11:11PM

The E351S is "short Ford WP' with a clockwise rotation, designed to work typically with a V-belt type drive (serpentine belt drive is generally CCW rotation) - your front cover porting has to be compatible with this WP wrt coolant port orientation.
As far as pump outlet plumbing to rad, (even if it's on the opposite side) that should be a straightforward exercise .
If your engine front drive components reflect the above, you shouldn't have a problem adapting the E351S to your coolant plumbing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.