(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Canvas tops
Posted by: rficalora
Date: January 11, 2009 11:08AM

Who are the sources for RV8 style tops in canvas? Since the top seems to be the item with the fewest color choices, I need to get some color samples of the tans, beiges, camel colors, etc. so I can finalize the body & interior stuff. I have samples from Prestige -- one could work, but it's not quite what I was after. I also have an email into Evan Amaya to see where he got his. Any other leads/sources would be appreciated.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4514 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Canvas tops
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: January 11, 2009 01:05PM

Evan is an MGOC dealer/distributor. I think that's where he got it.

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: January 11, 2009 09:55PM

I traded a few mails with Evan this afternoon. He got his from Prestige. He said they'll make it in whatever color fabric you want or if you get the fabric, you can send it to them & they'll make it... I'm going to call in the morning & see if they'll still do that. I'm pretty sure sunbrella & a couple of similar fabrics come in a color that'd work well.

jimbb88
Jim Stuart
Maryland, USA
(47 posts)

10/23/2007 07:43PM

Main British Car:
1966 MGB V8 conversion Rover 4.0 fuel injected

Posted by: jimbb88
Date: January 13, 2009 09:39PM

The best quality canvas top I ever bought or saw was by Robbins- also the most expensive.

I was never satisfied with my top from Prestige. The fit was barley OK, pretty skimpy around the door windows, and the finish was poor. None of the seams were bound and the top was not double sticthed. I believe if you saw the Robbins and Prestige side by side you would find the difference very striking.

As a top you didn't plan to use much, the Prestige is fine, especially if you have a hard top for winter. In my opinion, even the Prestige is better than most vinyls, as the canvass will not shrink.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.