autopia40
Darren Jones

(8 posts)

10/16/2008 03:57PM

Main British Car:

Hotwire EFI and heater valve
Posted by: autopia40
Date: June 06, 2009 01:14PM

I've finally got around to fitting hotwire EFI to my GT V8, I got a complete package off a Discovery 3.9 with the 14CUX ECU, but I'm missing something, the carb manifold had a casting for the heater valve, the EFi doesn't have this casting so there's nowhere to mount the valve and no pipe for connecting to the top pipe on the heater matrix.

How have any other Rover V8 EFi modifications with the standard Land Rover manifold handled the heater control valve?

many thanks in advance.

Darren

Justinb
Justin Broome

(26 posts)

06/10/2009 12:33PM

Main British Car:

Re: Hotwire EFI and heater valve
Posted by: Justinb
Date: June 13, 2009 02:49PM

This is hard to explain, but I'll try my best. There are "ports" on the cylinder head (Very last rectangle openings on the intake side) where coolant flows, but is stopped by the intake manifold. If you look at the mating surfaces where the intake manifold mates to the cylinder head, you'll probably see rectangular stains on the intake manifold from the coolant. Drill the necessary hole on the intake manifold in the area where the coolant flows and mount your heater valve to it.

Drill from the mating side so you make sure the entire hole is within the area where coolant flows.

Justin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.