Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
TR7 wiring
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: September 04, 2009 01:38PM

Just tidying up a bit, there are some oddities here.

The interlock/backup light switch harness. I've located that with help from Woodie, it's a 4 pin inline connector with a stray pigtail about 6" long to a light bulb. (Illumination for the auto shifter indicator perhaps? Green wire, must be on always?) But, the interlock wires have no effect. The DPO spliced into the main harness behind the steering column connector for the white/red wire to the shifter. I'm just guessing that somehow he bypassed the wires in the shifter harness and the haynes diagram shows several connections in that line. Where is the obvious place to look for the DPO's bypass? I'd like to go back to the original shifter harness.

MVC-421F.JPG

There is an alien wire spliced from the radiator temp switch on the RH side across to a skotchlok on a relay wire on the driver's side. I hate skotchloks, and would eliminate it but first I need to know how that circuit is supposed to be routed.

MVC-426F.JPG

MVC-428F.JPG

There are a few other loose ends. Not a great deal to sort out but I need to have it all resolved before turning Edith loose with the car, so any advice is appreciated.

Jim

Dan B
Dan Blackwood
South Charleston, WV
(1007 posts)

11/06/2007 01:55PM

Main British Car:
1966 TR4A, 1980 TR7 Multiport EFI MegaSquirt on the TR4A. Lexus V8 pl

authors avatar
Re: TR7 wiring
Posted by: Dan B
Date: September 04, 2009 03:04PM

I just emailed you schematics in pdf for a TR8. They might be easier to read than the Haynes book. The files are courtesy of Real Old Guy AKA jclay. He has a site with lots of Wedge files on it.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: TR7 wiring
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: September 04, 2009 03:52PM

That might help but really I need to look at another car (like yours maybe). That light bulb is not on any of the schematics I've seen so far.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.