Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

MrT0mJones
Alexander Harris

(17 posts)

04/06/2009 10:45AM

Main British Car:

I guess i better say hi atleast?
Posted by: MrT0mJones
Date: September 09, 2009 01:26PM

Well, i already jumped on and started Q'ing you guy's so i' guess since i'll be on here a bunch, and making a write up for what i do/and the progress of the car, i have to start somewhere.

*clears throat*

I'm Alex, a nightshit mechanic in Georgia, i've built a fewe different cars in the past (3000gt, e36 bmw (turbo) etc. ) and done some weird stuff, but i wanted to do something different.

I have planned to stuff in a Ca18det (180sx JDM engine) due to its weight and power ability in my 76 spit.
a e36 limited slip diff with a one off irs, and a custom interior.

I went and bought this car about three weeks ago on a whim, saw it listed and went to go check it out.

It looked terrible, Orange Hood and the rest of the car faded blue, with a complementry orange door. i ended up DRIVING it home for 700 dollars.

Scariest ride home, Ever.

The tops pretty much shot, no interior panels or any interior electronics worked, motor ran OK, but the trans.. shifted incredibly great. Floors had a terrible repair, but that would be addressed when we did the hidden cage.

I went and grabbed some auto-zone paint, and sprayed her down (hey $60 bucks for a paintjob is ok, especially to make the car one solid color.

and then, my driver seat was unbearable, so i fabricated a setup with a 1992 3000gt vr4 seat, and yes, it does fit, and is mighty comfortable!

I guess i'll stop blabbering and show you guys some photos of it, outside today. along with its driveway mates that were built here in the shop of Barefoot Racing (my friend and I's little venture)
IMGP0228.JPG2
IMGP0227.JPG
IMGP0225.JPG2
IMGP0226.JPG

MrT0mJones
Alexander Harris

(17 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: I guess i better say hi atleast?
Date: September 09, 2009 01:29PM

heres his driveway buddy, the barefoot rx7
IMGP0229.JPG
IMGP0230.JPG

peek a boo, i see you..
IMGP0232.JPG

dwtr6v8
Don Watson
West Virginia
(305 posts)

12/07/2007 07:45AM

Main British Car:
1974 TR6 Ford 5.0 HO

authors avatar
Posted by: dwtr6v8
Date: September 09, 2009 11:01PM

Jump on in! And Welcome. That sounds like a great project so keep us posted with updates and progress pics.
Is that an LS1 turbo, from the rear? Rock n Roll!

MrT0mJones
Alexander Harris

(17 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: September 10, 2009 10:16AM

Ya, its an ls1 rear mount turbo, moves pretty good, we got a dyno sheet with it throwing down (untuned, just to see where it would be at for the immidiate benifit) at 6psi, 467 at the rear wheels.

i'm afraid i'll be going crazy with the progress pics.

Our shop is all nice and tidy now, the cj5 should be rolling out, and my lady's e30 is finally built, so, its about go time... >:) 9k rpm spinner is going to rock in this little car.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.