Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

scot abbott
scot abbott

(26 posts)

01/30/2008 06:03PM

Main British Car:

Hi from a new member
Posted by: scot abbott
Date: January 31, 2008 11:31PM

What a neat site this is! It fits with my interest in British sports cars and my inclination to modify them.

My autohobby/ insanity began with a spitfire in the 70's and went to the whole Jag family (except mk5, C and D type).I've done Complete E type restorations and also conversions to convertibles from coupes and 2+2's. Then came MGB's, MGB V6's and GT6spitfires.

. I love these cars, but they dont run anywhere near as well, efficiently and reliably as even a cheap "rice burner" because they do not come with fuel injection. Until now it's been a king's ransom to retrefit fuel injection, so I'm working on inexpensive simple ways to fuel inject them (see post below). My goal is to develop an inexpensive way to retrofit EFI to these cars using readily available parts and materials available locally, and using only simple tools. I wanted to come up with something as cheap or cheaper than a weber downdraft setup which would run very well.

cortina_gt
John Butruce
San Jose, CA
(6 posts)

12/24/2007 05:17PM

Main British Car:
1972 TR6 302, 1965 Cortina GT, 1964 Country Squire

Re: Hi from a new member
Posted by: cortina_gt
Date: February 01, 2008 03:41PM

Hi Scot,

Welcome. I am installing a Ford Zetec engine in my Cortina GT and will be using throttle bodies fron a Suzuki GSXR750.
I know in the UK many are using these on older engines with a Megasquirt or Megajolt system. The throttle bodies are very easy to adapt to a Weber sidedraft manifold.
Zetec.jpg
John
72 TR6 302 Ford
65 Cortina GT

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.