Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

markus
Mark Campbell
Australia
(3 posts)

09/22/2011 08:07PM

Main British Car:
Triumph TR7/V8 Rover

TR7 Sprint CW&P
Posted by: markus
Date: July 12, 2017 07:45PM

Is there a Triumph 4.1:1 ratio cw&p that will fit into the 5 speed type differential?
The standard 4 cylinder TR7 ratio is 3.9:1.
A racing friend of mine is looking to improve his lap times and feels this might be the answer.
Cheers!

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Re: TR7 Sprint CW&P
Posted by: tr8todd
Date: July 23, 2017 08:01AM

Not an off the shelf TR7 part. I'm still not sure how interchangeable the TR7 CWP is with other Rover products. I know its shared with the SD1, but those gears are going in the wrong direction. Lots of the Big Rovers use a salisbury diff thats similar to Dana products. There might be some way of adapting those pieces, but you would need to put the TR7 parts in front of someone that really knows rear ends. I'm willing to bet there are parts from other rear ends that can be adapted without too much work. The easy button is to install a Ford 7.5 or 8.8 rear end, but the rules may not allow that. I know of lots of TR7 and 8 racers that ran Ford rears and were never caught. The early Fox body Mustang rear ends are almost the exact same width, and making up the proper control arm mounts is easy. Personally, I can't imagine going any lower than 3.90 Even with that ratio, there were far too many gear changes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.