Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

ALV
Al Vandergoot
Sidney, British Columbia Canada
(67 posts)

01/13/2013 09:49PM

Main British Car:
1971 Triumph TR6 Ford 2.3 turbo

Some pic of my completed 2.3 turbo build
Posted by: ALV
Date: June 21, 2019 08:33PM

I will get some more shots when i can

Dales intake plenum

The car
image.png

The motor
image.png

The dash added the AFR and Vacum/boost
image.png
image.png

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 08:35PM by ALV.

ALV
Al Vandergoot
(67 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Some pic of my completed 2.3 turbo build
Date: June 22, 2019 01:01PM

image.png
Fuel cell installed in the back. The triumph tank was rusted inside and kept blocking the fuel filter
image.png
Interior of the car. Seat were in bad shape didnt want to spend the 700 plus bucks to get each one recovered so for now just bought some cheap seat covers at canadian tire
image.png
This one is a bit dark but it shows the nissan differential installed right next to is the magnaflow turbo muffler tight fit with the exhaust pipes through the tshirt. I have to say that almost no modification was needed to the t @#$%& or transmission tunnel with the r200 diff t5 and mustang drive shaft..
image.png
Had to make a turnbuckle type brace to stop the fan/rad combo from leaning against the crossmember while driving,basic not pretty but it works. Cooling is not a problem with this big rad. These motors like to be in the 200 degree operating temp range.

ALV
Al Vandergoot
(67 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: June 22, 2019 01:34PM

image.png
Modified firewall to accommodate the 1993 mustang T5.
image.png
Mocking up my own custom made removable transmission cover. Made from 16 gauge steel.
image.png
Finished tunnel. Pretty basic with lots of grinding on the welds still learning a bit with the weldiing thing.

Brakes are all stock. I went with coil near plug with LS coils. Fuel and spark controlled by the Megasquirt 3, distributor has been eliminated. Engine was rebuilt by me top and bottom using diamond racing pistons with stock head and cam. I have a roller cam and rockers ready to go into a new head which i may modify. Injectors are Dodge +20 injectors. They were cheaper than the ford injectors and just as good. Frame was unmodified other than engine mounts so if you jack the car up wrong, the doors may not close, but stitting as she is on the wheels everything lines up pretty good. Not a show car by a long shot but just a car for fun and learning new stuff. Still working on the auto tune thing with the Megasquirt and Tuner studio. Cheers.
image.png

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2019 01:37PM by ALV.

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Posted by: 88v8
Date: June 23, 2019 04:12AM

Well done.

I think it's too easy to get sucked into a lot of detail, aim for perfection, and never finish.
Looks as if you have a nice, practical car.

And I like the stock appearance.

Although I would buy a replica alloy tank to replace the fuel cell, then you have the boot (trunk) for your luggage and the spare.
If you are a 6-Pack member, you may find someone on there who has a good alloy or standard tank they would sell.

Ivor

ALV
Al Vandergoot
(67 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: June 23, 2019 10:15AM

Yeah the fuel cell i wouldnt do so quickly again. May be something i change in the future. Dont really need the trunk for carrying anything (except the spare) as i just bomb around locally on the south island.

This car is a blast to drive, although not having driven a sports oriented car i dont have much to compare it to. The boost really kicks in close to 4000 rpm and the car seems to surge forward. The exhaust note goes from a low growl to a loud howl while accelerating. Shifting between 2-3 is perfect for backroads 4 and 5 gear strictly for highway. In 5th the car cruises nicely at 100km and the engine is turning around 2000rpm and pretty quiet. This compared previously with stock 6 and no overdrive the car seemed to struggle at highway speeds and was loud. So im pretty happy right now. I'm Sure over the next year or so i will make some changes and i still need to tune and dyno the car, but the car for me is pretty good as it is. Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.