Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

JGug1
Jim Guglielmino
Pagosa Springs, CO, Kansas City, KS
(10 posts)

04/22/2012 07:23PM

Main British Car:
TR3, TR4, TR7, MGB-GT/215 V8, Mercedes Benz C Clas Numerous

Mirrors for a TR6
Posted by: JGug1
Date: August 01, 2020 11:13PM

What has anyone used for powered mirrors for their TR6? I have tried three kinds from my stores but none work. I'm considering Miata mirrors. Thoughts? I feel pretty safe on here talking about powered mirrors since none of us have unmodified cars:-)
Over on other lists, one tends to get chastised. We used Alfa mirrors on my modified TR7 and they work very nicely. Darn it. The picture won't attach. It must be too big. Sorry.

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: Mirrors for a TR6
Posted by: 88v8
Date: August 02, 2020 04:45AM

On my TR6 I had repro Tex door mirrors where the alignment locked with a spanner. As I was the only driver, that was fine, but if you need to swap drivers it could be a right pain.

On my 63 Rambler, I have Rambler door mirrors. They can be set (with a screwdriver) so they stay in place but one can easily put out a hand and alter them. The same generic mirror without the R logo was widely fitted to 60s US cars and that is what I would recommend.

But if you must complicate things with a remote, try this which is very similar, but with a remote
[www.ebay.co.uk]

The only drawback with these older mirrors, they only come with flat glass. So on the Rambler I have glued a circle of concave mirror over mine.

A general hint; when positioning the mirror, don't assume that the passenger mirror should be measured and drilled the same as the driver mirror. Get someone to hold it in place while you sit and look, and then drill your holes.

Ivor

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: August 05, 2020 08:56PM

I looked at a lot of power mirrors when I was building my car. Most are designed to fit where the car's quarter mirror would normally be. The only ones I recall that I found that mount to the car's body were the Miata, Chrysler Crossfire, and Saturn Sky. All have fairly rounded shapes. Since the TR6 is more angular, I'd look for one that is more rectangular in shape. Some of the newer cars have body mount mirrors. Maybe something like Honda Civic (https://www.ebay.com/itm/352366956499) or this Mazda 6 sedan [www.ebay.com]

There are probably others too.

dwtr6v8
Don Watson
West Virginia
(305 posts)

12/07/2007 07:45AM

Main British Car:
1974 TR6 Ford 5.0 HO

authors avatar
Posted by: dwtr6v8
Date: August 09, 2020 09:07PM

If your going the Miata path, this might help.
[forum.miata.net]

After market
[forum.miata.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.