Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

77v8
Robert Dehart

(25 posts)

10/07/2010 06:56AM

Main British Car:

Hello everyone I am about two weeks into owning my dream car. tr7
Posted by: 77v8
Date: October 07, 2010 07:23AM

I have been a mechanic in a german and historic british car garage for seven years. I never knew what a tr7 was or that it had been the car i was trying to find since i turned sixteen untill a guy came and wanted to know if we could sell his tr7 for 100usd. I promptly whipped out 50 cash from my pocket and yelled to my boss spot me 50 untill tomorrow. I had no clue what i was buying but wanted a project car. at my second job I was telling my co-worker how my boss and i bought ourselves a tr7. he said really... I own two. I went to his home the next day and was star struck. flip up head lights. oversized gas cap. huge bumpers and that cheese wedge shape in what i affectionatley call (banana rama yellow) I promptly hounded the poor guy who sold us the car to get it to the shop before the snow... it finally came this spring. Its a burnt orange coupe with the sun roof on origonal steel rims and... tires. It did not run he said. I lifted the hood and discoverd a 2.0l 4 banger connected to a 5 speed. I dumped penetrating oil down the cy;enders and replaced the (Rotten!) spark plugs. flushed the tank discovering bad fuel lines and replaced the cap. one turn and it fired up! all gauges work. Its missing 5th gear and has a bad trans mount but she is quite peppy for a four. downside besides above mentioned is the front valance is tweaked as well as the passenger fender. Interior was plad and the window wont stay up. thats my story on the background of my little 77tr7

77v8
Robert Dehart

(25 posts)

Main British Car:

big plans for the little wedge.
Date: October 07, 2010 07:52AM

First off. i am parting with the door pannels seats and carpet. the driver seat and carpet are shot anywho. I am replacing this with a black short shear carpet. bride lowmax seats. a gt grant wheel (4 spoke). a burl walnut trim piece for the center around the shift boot. a wood grain shift knob ( autozone luxowood. it looks amazing for an autozone part!). currently the interior is stripped with a porche 914 seat. i would any other pieces will be alcantara including the head liner. black is the color.
( I am looking for black door skins. the donor tr7 has been crushed! a;so i am having troubble finding more info on the lcd dash conversion.)
Second. The engine and trans internals are being removed. I am converting the trans to titanium gears. The motor will be a 4 something liter rover with knife edged polished crank. 4-bolt mains. h beam rods. forged or billet pistons. possibly new liners. piper race cam. buick 300 heads. VW valves. custom hand built intake manifold. A supercharger. dry sump. an aluminum fly wheel. i am looking to get 8,000rpm and over 400kilowatts and over 500lbf. (my goals are high)
Third. Group 44 body kit. fiberglass bumpers. a mixture of corvette tail lights. hid lights. (the flip ups are staying) 15 inch tires! (learning how hard it is to find them) a hatch back resembeling the lemans car.black cherry red metal flake. deep red reflective tint.
Last stainless exehaust and possibly a jag or audi quattro rear suspension.
( Seeking advice links photos and if its not allowed to offer parts to me for purchase email me. long time reader first time poster.

77v8
Robert Dehart

(25 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Hello everyone I am about two weeks into owning my dream car. tr7
Date: October 14, 2010 03:12AM

Its alive again was outta gas. it purrs too bad the 4cyl runs so good. I Go my rims and door skins today. thirteens still but aloy turbo rims. replacing steel. Skins ot of a convertable. the plad interior is gone forever. Friday i order knock off vitaloni turbo racing mirrors for 15euro! also I am getting the rims painted. by the time it hits lockup the carpet steering wheel door skins and pedalsshould be done. The bumpes will be pulled and I will go off to basic. when i get my check brke for hanksgiving I wll order the body flares and seats. I m mullig over a 3.9 block 50bucks with crank. Christmas I will be digging itout and puttig everything on and upgrading the headlghts tail lights and dopping a check to my macinist. and wiring up the sound system. spring and im stuck betwen black with goldflake ice silver or a rd metal flake. by next fall I will have a suspension th 4cyl wll go to a needy car and my trans will get tuned up. that will be all so now i can shut up onlyasking for info and post pics!

77v8
Robert Dehart

(25 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: October 24, 2010 11:24PM

so no photos but I am going away for military training. Will have photos of the car and my new rover 4.6 block around X-mas.

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Posted by: roverman
Date: October 24, 2010 11:36PM

Robert, Titanium gears, whodda thunk ? Good Luck,roverman.

nellotinnirello
nello tinnirello
cleveland ohio
(6 posts)

11/16/2010 04:33PM

Main British Car:
1980 tr7 buick v6

Posted by: nellotinnirello
Date: November 26, 2010 09:43PM

hi art

strange seeing you here.

almost forgot good luck on your new project rob. i luged mine for 12 years finally im getting around to getting it done. i just had many other projects com and go the tr7 stayed. i even had a friend take a tr7 to alaska.

nt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 09:53PM by nellotinnirello.

77v8
Robert Dehart

(25 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: December 23, 2010 02:26PM

Happy Holidays all. I got a gt grant wheel in. cutting the rotten floor pans out puttiong in some cold roal steel. new black carpet. my friend will be shooting pictures and maybe some viedo. vitaloni turbo mirrors. luxowood faux wood shift knob. new shift boot. and re-leathering the door panels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.