Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

triumphmg
Arun Singh

(1 posts)

03/09/2009 09:44PM

Main British Car:

Hose from Stock TR6 Master Clutch to Hydraulic T/O Bearing
Posted by: triumphmg
Date: March 06, 2011 03:36PM

Thanks to everybody for sharing their knowledge. I am looking for a steel braided line to go from the stock TR6 clutch master cylinder to a Ram throw out bearing for my BW T5. Does anybody know the fitting size on the clutch master cylinder or know where I can get a line that will fit? I purchased a line from D&D for my MGB but I do not know if the cluth master cylinder fitting size is the same as the TR6. Any help would be greatly appreciate!!!

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: Hose from Stock TR6 Master Clutch to Hydraulic T/O Bearing
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: March 06, 2011 09:43PM

If the TR master cylinder uses a fitting that accepts a standard type British bubble flare you can use a -4 AN male bulkhead union to make the transition. The 37 degreen angle of the AN fitting will seal very well in a bubble flare fitting. Use the jamb nut to lock it in place on the master cyinder and then you can attach a standard AN line directly to that. Here's a photo of my use on my Midget's clutch cylinder, worked fine for 13 years without at leak.
IMG_0123.jpg

motek
George Smathers
Spokane, WA
(118 posts)

09/12/2009 02:45PM

Main British Car:
1967 Morris Minor (48 hp @ crank!), 1971 TR6 302

Posted by: motek
Date: March 13, 2011 09:50PM

I tried using my stock clutch master on my 1971 TR6 and I couldn't operate the Tilton hydraulic throwout bearing on my Tremec T5. I called Tilton and they said our stock bore was too small. I don't know about Ram.

I bought a new Wilwood master for $50 and everything works. This would solve your British flare issue and allow you to use standard American lines. Plus you wouldn't have to trust a 40 year old part.

George

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2011 09:52PM by motek.

cooks 7
Jon Cook
St. Louis, Mo
(28 posts)

03/03/2008 02:05PM

Main British Car:
1969 Triumph Gt6 GM Ls1

Posted by: cooks 7
Date: March 15, 2011 03:33PM

I agree with Motek, unless you know that your master cylinder can supply sufficient volume or pressure, or both(whichever they are concerned with), I'd try to replace the whole thing, they are pretty cheap and available in different bores to ensure you're moving enough fluid. Ram tech might be able to give you specs on what size you'd need.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.