Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
You're Cordially Invited!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 23, 2008 12:55AM

http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/Images-V15-2/AutoX-DaleKnapke.jpg
(Dale Knapke's Turbo-SVO TR6 participating in the British V8 2007 autocross.)

I'm concerned that some of you may not have received your invitations to participate in our annual British V8 meet. YOU'RE INVITED!!!

Tonight I uploaded revised copies of the registration form, and I corrected a heinous and embarrassing mistake. Somehow the earlier version of the form referred to the meet as an "MG Conversions" meet. Our meets aren't like that at all. ALL MAKES OF BRITISH CARS are cordially invited. (In fact, you're invited no matter what you drive, or what engine you prefer.)

Complete details about the meet are here: [www.britishv8.org]
The revised registration form is here: [www.britishv8.org] (PDF version)
or here [www.britishv8.org] (Word version).

At last year's meet we had a good turn-out of Triumphs, including (from memory) Matt Kline's GT6, Dan Blackwood's TR4A, Ken Hiebert's TR6, Dale Knapke's TR6, Ted Lathrop's TR6, Les Shockey's TR6, and Dave Massey's TR8. (We also had two Healeys, a Jensen, an Aston Martin, a Fiberfab Avenger, a Toyota Supra...)

If you're thinking of participating this year, please get your registration submitted ASAP. It really helps with the planning of activities, etc. In the "Pub" section of this message board I'll be updating a listing of confirmed reservations as it becomes available. Check it out!

Cheers!
Curtis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.