Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

ainadude
Jeff Nicolay
Indian Wells, Calif.
(20 posts)

03/31/2012 11:23PM

Main British Car:
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1993 Mazda Miata (1.8 liter/5spd)

Anybody know a good mechanic in Las Vegas?
Posted by: ainadude
Date: June 08, 2013 01:36PM

Hi guys ... I've given up on the guy doing my Spitfire engine transplant. He's been "95-percent done" since the middle of last summer and I need to get this puppy finished and back to Hawaii. Anyone know a good wrencher in the Las Vegas area with the skills to get my car ambulatory? The engine/transmission and ancillaries are all fitted but my guy is having wiring problems and seems to have given up (and frankly I'm sick of dealing with his passive-aggressive approach to communication). His replacement needs to be someone who's actually mature and responsible with a willingness to answer the phone and/or return messages once in a while. Any help greatly appreciated ...

2.3stag
Pat Klenk
Las Vegas
(5 posts)

04/05/2011 01:06AM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph Stag GM 3.4L

Re: Anybody know a good mechanic in Las Vegas?
Posted by: 2.3stag
Date: September 03, 2013 06:15PM

Hi ainadude. I am here in Las Vegas, if you find someone in this town that is a good mechanic and not just a parts exchanger, please let me know. I need one that knows electrical and some suspension.

Thanks

mgb260
Jim Nichols
Sequim,WA
(2461 posts)

02/29/2008 08:29PM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB roadster 260 Ford V8

Posted by: mgb260
Date: September 03, 2013 08:55PM

Call the local Better Business Bureau. Cross the ones with the most complaints off your list. Actually they may refer you to a good one. I'm about 2 hours away in Kingman,AZ.

mildo04
doug milligan

(36 posts)

07/26/2010 08:17AM

Main British Car:
1978 Triumph Spitfire Mazda 1.6 liter

Posted by: mildo04
Date: September 04, 2013 08:32PM

Hey Jeff,
Long time! What are the issues at this point? Remember, I did the same miata engine swap in my 78 a year or so ago. I had a mystery issue that took me several months to solve....turned out to be a bad cam angle sensor. The beast has been running perfect since the spring. Describe the symptoms....at this point I am pretty darn familiar with the miata wiring and how to integrate it with the spits original archaic wiring....

ainadude
Jeff Nicolay
Indian Wells, Calif.
(20 posts)

03/31/2012 11:23PM

Main British Car:
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1993 Mazda Miata (1.8 liter/5spd)

Posted by: ainadude
Date: September 15, 2013 07:57PM

Hi Doug,

Glad to hear your project is up and running so nicely. I had Mrs. Peel picked up by an outfit called Sin City BMW sometime in July. They do a lot of weird projects and took on the job of diagnosing what my guy Graham couldn't seem to track down. Once they finally cleared the deck to look at my car, they decided the problem is apt to be in the wiring harness between the engine and the ECU. Graham has cut into it several times and, chances are, there's either a mixed or a poor connection in there somewhere. Sin City bought a used complete harness on eBay and it looks like they'll get back to work on my car last full week of this month (sadly, the guy they had tapped for my project is away this week just as they take delivery of the new harness!!).

Appreciate your interest and offer of assistance. I will definitely take you up on that if Sin City runs into problems. I'll also let you know if they're successful, at which point the car goes back to Graham for some paintwork and then it's finally back to me!

Aloha,
Jeff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.