Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Triumph GT6 + V6
Posted by: 88v8
Date: February 15, 2014 05:23AM

Another one
[www.ebay.com]
Ready to go, although not in the UK with no heater or side windows.

Still a lot cheaper and quicker than building your own.

Not mine

Ivor

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Triumph GT6 + V6
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 15, 2014 10:12AM

No engine compartment pics? Must be a mess under the hood. No driver compartment pics either. Maybe it's set up for a four foot tall driver.

A How-It-Was-Done article here would be such a benefit to this seller. Maybe. This GT6 might be a nice car, but it might also be a complete basket case. (How cheaply and quickly can you rebuild it? Would you even want to? Who can say?) IMHO, you'd be nuts to bid without more information.

Ivor, you seem to enjoy surfing eBay. If these teasers really interest you, please consider contacting the eBay sellers and suggesting they submit HIWD articles. Here's the link to send them to: [www.britishv8.org] - However, if this joker only sent me the six photos in this ad, I wouldn't waste my time publishing it. No engine bay shot at all!

BWA

(344 posts)

04/13/2010 08:13PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: BWA
Date: February 15, 2014 09:00PM

Ivor it is your hobby to sniff out all these cars on EBAY or are you still looking to buy one with a v8 motor?
It is interesting to note the number of MG's, Triumphs, and Healeys that show up on EBAY with engine swaps that never show up in British V8. You almost get the feeling that there are as many cars out there that are modified as what you see in British V8. Also I bet there are many of these cars languishing in backyards as unfinished projects that the owner gave up on.

Cheers
Byron

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 16, 2014 04:47AM

Hurrr, well I do have several permanent searches on eBay, and sometimes they throw up something interesting. Or potentially interesting like this one. As you say, it's a bit of a pig in a poke. 'This car can hurt you' the seller oddly says... or hurt your wallet hoho.
Or it might be a gem. After all, from the spec and what we can see, looks as if a good deal of money and effort has gone into it. Do agree more pics would be comforting, but if I were considering this sort of build I'd be keen to take a look.

For me, a TR6 with V8+auto would be just the ticket, and I am looking, yes.
But not just yet.
Atm we're getting underway with my garage build. The ground has proven difficult, with hard clay one side, softer clay and made ground the other. Unhelped by persistent rain. Mud pies, the only thing missing is a hippo. Perhaps foolishly, I elected to do the job with a couple of chaps on dayworks basis, but although they came well recommended they don't have the experience to deal with the ground conditions we've come up against, and I'm not sure I do either.

Rather like doing an engine swap, it all looks so easy.
You bet a lot of cars are parked in backyards, garages, barns, it needs a lot of persistence and skill to drop in a V8.
Unfortunately, I can't park my garage. Have to get out the cheque book and press on.

Ivor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 05:06AM by 88v8.

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 18, 2014 04:05AM

Seller has sent me a few more pics. Again, the build quality looks good, as far as one can judge.
Says he built it in 2005.
Have suggested he posts more detail on here, but even without that it looks worth following up if it might be your thing. After all, you can always modify and tinker to make it 'yours'.

Ivor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.