Triumph Sports Cars

engine swaps and other performance upgrades, plus "factory" V8s (Stag and TR8)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

classic conversions
bill guzman

(294 posts)

01/09/2008 01:58AM

Main British Car:

Re: You guys are gonna love this Spitfire!
Posted by: classic conversions
Date: April 17, 2009 08:57PM

Very nice indeed. I love everything about the car. Very smart "V6"

rampant racing
gary fraser
sarnia ont,canada
(83 posts)

03/28/2009 02:45AM

Main British Car:
69 spitfiremk111 ford 347 stroker

Posted by: rampant racing
Date: February 17, 2011 12:53AM

well i managed to get some more work done on the front of my frame.been gettin lazy with the spit and supercharged my mustang and such.now i am back full bore on the spit.
100_1362.JPG
100_1361.JPG
100_1366.JPG
100_1365.JPG

rampant racing
gary fraser
sarnia ont,canada
(83 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 17, 2011 12:56AM

so mike are you still havin fun with your spit.it's a beautiful car man.

sfv41901
Sean D
Palmdale, Ca
(1 posts)

02/20/2011 11:48PM

Main British Car:
78 Spitfire Stocker

authors avatar
Posted by: sfv41901
Date: February 21, 2011 12:07AM

You guys are aswome. How much do your custom chassis weigh & would you say that its the best way to go when swaping in another motor?

rampant racing
gary fraser
sarnia ont,canada
(83 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 22, 2011 06:45PM

well it depends on the motor you want to put in it.for me it was a no brainer.i am a welder/metal fabricator by trade and i hated the tissue paper frame it came with,mine was full of holes and looked like sh*t.while the original frame could be used if it is modified and is rust free the real problem is the rear diff and suspension,they suck so bad you don't want to leave them in there with a powerful motor.the front suspension is ok but the rack is all wrong for controlling bumpsteer and the brakes are anemic at best.yes there are ways around all of this but it was just easier for me to start with a new frame.when this car is done it should run well into the 11 second range in the 1/4 mile and have a top speed around 150mph or so.this car will use most all the same parts you would use on a streetrod style car.all the brakes and suspension,steering,engine and drivetrain can be bought at any parts supplier on any street corner across canada and the united states.no waiting for hard to get parts.the only thing i kept from the triumph was the shell.EVERYTHING ELSE was replaced including steering column and wiring,heater,seats,rack and pinion,bumpers,everything.it will look like a spit but wil be totally modern in function.the purists won't like it and i have been snubbed already by some of the local triumph people but i don't care.if you gave me a new ferrari i would take it home and FIX it!lol that's just me.good luck with your car and enjoy.
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.