Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
So... should I just roll this section into "Other British Cars"?
Posted by: Moderator
Date: September 20, 2008 05:04PM

What can I do to make this section work better?

If a message board section gets too sleepy, posting new messages is like talking in an empty room.

This section obviously hasn't reached "critical mass" yet. I could move all the messages over to "Other British Cars" - or conceivably I could make a new section for Spridgets and then just move "big Healey" stuff over to "other".

Suggestions?

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: So... should I just roll this section into "Other British Cars"?
Posted by: rficalora
Date: September 21, 2008 11:29AM

Any idea how the #'s of healey conversions compares to Triumphs or Alpines? It may be that there are way fewer of them being done -- especialy since the price of the cars themselves has gotten so high. If that's the case, rolling this section into the "others" would make sense.

If there are more being done, then maybe digging up some contacts for folks active in the activity to help get the word out that this is a place they can share/trade info would get the posting rates up.

mgaman
marshall de leon
Portland Oregon
(80 posts)

09/17/2008 06:11PM

Main British Car:
Mark 2 Jaguar 350 Chev. V8

Posted by: mgaman
Date: September 21, 2008 05:39PM

Section for Spridgets and the other big Healey stuff goes "bye-bye" to another section~

J Man
jason adkins
NW OH
(202 posts)

01/21/2009 08:49PM

Main British Car:
'61 Morris Minor panel, '70 MGB GT, '74 MGB GT MGB 1.8, unsure yet on the GTs

Posted by: J Man
Date: January 25, 2009 12:31PM

my opinion would be to leave it as is.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: January 31, 2009 09:56AM

A Healey is not just another British car.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 31, 2009 12:19PM

I particularly like Healey styling, but just to play Devil's Advocate: there's also a case to be made for merging this section into MG because from 1957 onward all Austin Healeys were built by MG employees at Abingdon. Even the "bugeye" (Mark 1) Sprite was mostly engineered at Abingdon. Production of the Sprite model even continued for awhile after the Healey name was removed from it. (It was known as an "Austin Sprite" at the end of production.)

My only serious concern (above) was making sure that each forum section reaches critical mass.
Consider that over four months have passed since this message thread started. Only four replies so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2009 01:40PM by Moderator.

spridget
bill green
Maine
(68 posts)

03/22/2008 01:29PM

Main British Car:
3 1980 TR8, 1 TR7 2 Bugeye Sprite 1 MG midget TR8 3.5 and 5.0, Sprite 1098 and ?

Posted by: spridget
Date: February 03, 2009 07:28PM

Your question seems to have stimulated more posts. Leave the section as is.

J Man
jason adkins
NW OH
(202 posts)

01/21/2009 08:49PM

Main British Car:
'61 Morris Minor panel, '70 MGB GT, '74 MGB GT MGB 1.8, unsure yet on the GTs

Posted by: J Man
Date: February 04, 2009 09:48AM

One thing that you will have to consider is that with the economy the way it is many wil put there cars aside and not work on them. If nobody is working on there cars they may not feel the need to post anything on their cars.

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: February 04, 2009 10:49AM

Curtis, consider the number of owners involved and the value of the cars and it's no wonder that big Healey conversions are not nearly as common as MG and Triumphs and have many fewer posts. As for combining the Sprites and Midgets, I would vote against that. Sprites are Austin Healeys, and from what I've heard have fought long and hard for recognition in the Healey community with their big brothers, so don't undermine that now. I like what you did in the Photo Gallery with the links to the other Spridgets, but in the forum I think they can still be on a Healey board. I think that most of us check the activity on all the boards when we log in and will read a lot of items even if we don't have that particular marque car. So many of the problems and solutions of conversions are common between marques anyway many of us may have something of value to post or can learn from others.
Yes, you did get only a few responses to your question since September, but look at all the activity on other threads since then, both in posts and viewings, this section is far from dead but it may well go quite from time to time. When it's needed people know where to go. Unless there's a problem with the space it takes or the cost to maintain I think it should remain as is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.