Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

mnjeff
jeff laska
La Crescent, MN 55947
(3 posts)

02/18/2017 05:32PM

Main British Car:
59 Bugeye Soon to be 215 Buick powered

another v8 bugeye build
Posted by: mnjeff
Date: April 25, 2017 03:21PM

thanks to chris in milwaukee and others, i am currently hip deep into a 215 buick 5 speed swap in my 59 sprite. here is a short history....purchased this several years ago from a neighbor who had it stashed for 30 years in a shed. wasn't looking for a bugeye, didn't want one, walked away twice after looking at it because it was so rough....then went back the third time....thats how smart i am.....got the pos home, was an old race car with 10 coats of various primer and bondo, rusted floors, and most of a 948 in boxes.
i have been a hot rodder since high school, and really wanted to put a v8 into it, but let myself get scared away by some purists and others online who claimed it couldn't be done safely, (whatever that means), i would "die learning about chassis dynamics ", it would be too heavy, hot, a soiling of a classic, blah, blah, blah.
anyway, i ended up installing a 1.3 samurai m/t, with a harley cv sidedraft carb setup. scuffed it up and shot some flat yellow on it to be a little more visible to our wonderful and alert motoring public, and put 10,000 fun miles on over the course of several years.....
fast forward to march, when i spotted frankensprite on u-tube....DAMN! .....followed by "shoulda went with my gut"....did i mention how smart i am? so out comes the suzuki stuff and in goes the baby nailhead.....
more to follow,
jeff in minnesota
oh, i will add pictures when i figure out how to de-kb-ize them....not much of a tech guy..

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: another v8 bugeye build
Posted by: 88v8
Date: April 26, 2017 04:20AM

Ha!
Welcome.
Great story.

Pics can be uploaded via Photobucket or other sharing sites - copy/paste the img code.

Ivor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.