Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

BN2V8
Craig Cooper

(1 posts)

11/28/2020 11:22AM

Main British Car:

Suitable Exhaust Headers for Healey 100 SBC
Posted by: BN2V8
Date: November 28, 2020 11:45AM

I recently acquired a '56 BN2 powered by a 265 small block Chevy engine. It is old and tired, but I've coaxed it back to life, of sorts. However, I have a huge exhaust leak from the left side exhaust header. With the variety of "shorty" or "hugger" headers available for SBC, I thought this would be no problem BUT, my new, actually quite nice $100 eBay headers arrived today and they extend about 4 inches out from the head. The blown out ones currently on the car extend only about 3 inches out. I can make further modifications to the body if necessary, but finding headers to mach my current ones would make things much easier. I am thinking with the many SBC powered big Healeys that have been done, someone out there must know which headers will work for me.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Anarchy99
Jim Purdy
Memphis, TN
(156 posts)

12/06/2013 03:54PM

Main British Car:
61 austin healey sprite LS6

Re: Suitable Exhaust Headers for Healey 100 SBC
Posted by: Anarchy99
Date: December 07, 2020 04:16PM

Narrow ones that hug the head are hard to find. I'm currently replacing my complicated long tube headers with these from Sanderson
[www.sandersonheaders.com]
They are tight fitting and extremely beedy / well-built. I found mine on ebay for way cheaper btw.

HealeyRick
Rick Neville

(489 posts)

12/19/2007 05:01PM

Main British Car:
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Ford 5.0L

authors avatar
Posted by: HealeyRick
Date: December 19, 2020 11:18AM

I wonder if Rams Horn manifolds would work: [www.youtube.com]

Sprocket
Guy Coldwell

(5 posts)

06/07/2019 02:51PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: Sprocket
Date: January 03, 2021 06:42PM

I purchased a paitr of Sanderson blockhugger headers for a 327 a while back and they were so out of shape that the collector flange was gouging the block. You could see plenty of daylight between the header flange which was between1/2” and 3/4” from the exhaust port face of the cylinder heads. Trying to get Sanderson to accept that their product was incorrectly curved and unusable proved totally futile. Luckily I had purchased on a credit card and was able to get a refund on their product.

I run rams horns on another car and they are much quieter than any tubular headers although not increasing horsepower. They do fit close to the block and may work for your Healey. Flowtech also have a reinvented Rams Horn:

[www.holley.com]

Anarchy99
Jim Purdy
Memphis, TN
(156 posts)

12/06/2013 03:54PM

Main British Car:
61 austin healey sprite LS6

Posted by: Anarchy99
Date: January 04, 2021 05:53PM

Weird, mine are ceramic coated, about as heavy as an iron head and the flange is the thickest I've ever seen... and pricey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.