Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Roadkill Healey V8 manual.
Posted by: 88v8
Date: May 17, 2021 04:32AM

Nicely converted 62 Healey 3000. Looks stock. I like that.

Healey road.jpg

Well photographed by the seller. The dogleg gear lever is a neat way to 'relocate' the trans.

Healey road 1.jpg

.... but no information and no mileage from the looks of the underbody although there's 7844 miles on the new odo.

What's with the bundles wrapped in cooking foil? Is this a facility for cooking roadkill?

Healey road 2.jpg

Yours for $32,500 in LA.
[www.beverlyhillscarclub.com]

Incidentally, he also has a 55 Nash Healey which is hilariously described as being in 'grey primer' but dig the twin-carb inlet and the twin header hoses. Never saw that before.

Nash Healey.jpg

[www.beverlyhillscarclub.com]

Ivor

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Roadkill Healey V8 manual.
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 18, 2021 12:20AM

I'm skeptical of Beverly Hills Car Club, but some things about this Healey 3000 look promising.

Buick 215 is a great engine... just not a very powerful one. In this Healey, the 215 fit with acres of room to spare. Notice that this car has an engine-driven fan rather than an electric one. (I expect it's probably more than sufficient, even without a shroud.) It also appears to have a proper throttle linkage rather than a cable. Original Buick intake manifold. Offenhauser valve covers. Transmission is a Borg Warner T5 5-speed, but apparently a Ford-spec one (installed via an adapter plate, whereas a Chevy-spec T5 would've bolted directly to the Buick bellhousing.) Tidy exhaust system.

I'm not sure if that insulation is cooking foil, or maybe some sort of bubble wrap(?)... but someone has also used it to cover the underside of the floorboards. That's odd, and it might be hiding something ugly. I'd inquire about or inspect that before purchase.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.